skip navigation

5 Pages<12345>
Cubs at Brewers
longball12
#51 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 4:37:01 PM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 696
High Fived: 938
Magic # is now 20. Well, 1 inning left. But I really doubt, having watched this game, that the Cards are going to score 8 runs, having not scored a single one yet.
Wissports Fantasy Baseball Champ 2007,2008,2009 (24-0) Undefeated, and 2010 . 2011 (Best Record, 0-2 in championship games), 2012 CHAMP. Still a Dynasty.

Twitter - @iamlongball

mickjagger
#52 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 5:57:15 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All American
High Fives: 2767
High Fived: 972
longball wrote:
Magic # is now 20. Well, 1 inning left. But I really doubt, having watched this game, that the Cards are going to score 8 runs, having not scored a single one yet.

Pittsburgh 7
St Louis 0

Final Score

Brewers up 10 games over the Cards going into Saturday night's game vs the Cubs.

cncsion
#53 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:04:06 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 82
High Fived: 151
Crew's seeing the ball really well out of Dempster's hand tonight. No short AB's tonight. Just wracking up the pitch count, which is beautiful for tomorrow afternoon.
IG 1/21/08 Miss you mom

Being in sales is tough. Just when you think your day of rejections is over you end up going home to your wife for a couple more rounds.

Follow my twitter account: @AeroJim

mickjagger
#54 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:37:45 PM(UTC)

All American
travis wrote:
Brewers call up Taylor Green after the game and send down Tim Dillard.

In order for Green to eligible for the play-off roster, He had to be on the MLB roster by this coming Wednesday, Aug 31st.
mickjagger
#55 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:42:26 PM(UTC)

All American
LaTroy Hawkins has been way less than stellar, his last few outings. Right now he can't get anybody out .....

I've had a feeling all season long that he's has been over-achieving. I think the high spike on his performance chart this season is beginning to flatten out, the more he pitches.
db11
#56 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:57:07 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
You know that girl behind home plate ("yellow-shirt girl" or whatever moniker you guys use)?

I'm pretty sure she just called in to the post-game show on 1250 AM...At least by the way the hosts were talking, mentioning how she's always on TV and acting like horndogs...lol.

They referred to her as "Front-Row Amy." Apparently, she has had season tickets for three years, and comes to the games (about 40 per year) herself. She was in the third row the past few years, but was able to move up to the first row this year. She also commutes from Oshkosh for the games...and the clincher as far as convincing me that this is "our girl," she said that likes to be there alone, so she "can focus on the game and keep score."
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
3 users high fived
spike64 on 8/27/2011(UTC), diener34 on 8/28/2011(UTC), paladium on 8/28/2011(UTC)
longball12
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:39:57 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
DB wrote:
You know that girl behind home plate ("yellow-shirt girl" or whatever moniker you guys use)?

I'm pretty sure she just called in to the post-game show on 1250 AM...At least by the way the hosts were talking, mentioning how she's always on TV and acting like horndogs...lol.

They referred to her as "Front-Row Amy." Apparently, she has had season tickets for three years, and comes to the games (about 40 per year) herself. She was in the third row the past few years, but was able to move up to the first row this year. She also commutes from Oshkosh for the games...and the clincher as far as convincing me that this is "our girl," she said that likes to be there alone, so she "can focus on the game and keep score."

I told my wife that she needs to be more like front row Amy tonight. She said she doesn't know how to keep book but she has the "hair flick down now."

I am so lucky.
Wissports Fantasy Baseball Champ 2007,2008,2009 (24-0) Undefeated, and 2010 . 2011 (Best Record, 0-2 in championship games), 2012 CHAMP. Still a Dynasty.

Twitter - @iamlongball

mickjagger
#58 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:11:05 PM(UTC)

All American
longball wrote:
DB wrote:

I told my wife that she needs to be more like front row Amy tonight. She said she doesn't know how to keep book but she has the "hair flick down now."

I am so lucky.

Perfect!
formerwiacbaseballer
#59 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 11:55:10 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 308
High Fived: 669
DB wrote:

That was her.... She had a black shirt on tonight. I went up and talked to her after the game tonight and she said she has one single season ticket. She drives from Oshkosh, and it would normally take her about an hour and a half to get to the game. Now with the construction she said it takes about two hours.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
1 user high fived
mickjagger on 8/28/2011(UTC)
mickjagger
#60 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:03:21 AM(UTC)

All American
Corey Hart misses hitting for the cycle tonight by not getting the easiest part of it - a single. He ends up going 3 for 3 with a walk, a double, a triple, a homerun, 2 runs scored, 2 RBI's and 9 total bases.
mickjagger
#61 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:09:30 AM(UTC)

All American
Former WIAC Baseballer wrote:
DB wrote:

That was her.... She had a black shirt on tonight. I went up and talked to her after the game tonight and she said she has one single season ticket. She drives from Oshkosh, and it would normally take her about an hour and a half to get to the game. Now with the construction she said it takes about two hours.

Good job, Baseballer. If you live in Oshkosh too, as I seem to remember, did you arrange any future rendezvous?

If so, I seem to recall somewhere in the WSN by-laws that you are bound to keep the rest of us "abreast" of any activities in this regard.
longball12
#62 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 6:49:46 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
DB wrote:

Pictures or it never happened.

Twitter - @iamlongball

2 users high fived
trickplayswingames on 8/28/2011(UTC), voiceofreason on 8/28/2011(UTC)
formerwiacbaseballer
#63 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:21:20 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
Mick Jagger wrote:
Good job, Baseballer. If you live in Oshkosh too, as I seem to remember, did you arrange any future rendezvous?

If so, I seem to recall somewhere in the WSN by-laws that you are bound to keep the rest of us "abreast" of any activities in this regard.

Must have me mixed up with someone else.... Don't live in Oshkosh. Would have asked if she wanted to carpool back if I did.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
trickplayswingames
#64 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:25:15 AM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 3278
High Fived: 184
longball wrote:
DB wrote:

I'll second that motion.
If UW doesn't make the 2015 Final Four the man who wishes he was a baller owes me 20 High Fives.
formerwiacbaseballer
#65 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:25:45 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
longball wrote:
DB wrote:

Whatever.... You can think what you want.

formerwiacbaseballer
#66 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:26:18 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
trickplayswingames wrote:
longball wrote:
DB wrote:

I'll second that motion.

Even if I had a picture, I'm not techy enough to get them on here.

hoopdreamswi
#67 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 9:45:10 AM(UTC)
All State
High Fives: 10
High Fived: 74
What's her career? Those seats aren't cheap.
formerwiacbaseballer
#68 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 10:58:09 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
So does this mean I have to start the Brewers/Cardinals thread?

jtownsupporter
#69 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 11:05:03 AM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 69
High Fived: 51
So does this mean I have to start the Brewers/Cardinals thread?

Nope. Because technically I started one for the Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers it was just merged into this one.....
Against the Grain -- DP Show
Prince Fielder will sign with some team for 7 years $160 mil
spike64
#70 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:27:43 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 774
High Fived: 880
Quade run after the top of the first. lol
spike64
#71 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:42:08 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 774
High Fived: 880
Also, front row Amy is back.
1 user high fived
dmonroe1 on 8/28/2011(UTC)
dmonroe1
#72 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 12:58:51 PM(UTC)

All Conference
High Fives: 144
High Fived: 67
spike64 wrote:

Back in yellow too.

She was at last nights too right?

Night game and then a day game is pretty impressive when your coming from oshkosh
Twitter - @monroed20
cameroncrazies02
#73 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:05:02 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 28
High Fived: 223
Dmonroe wrote:
spike64 wrote:

Back in yellow too.

She was at last nights too right?

Night game and then a day game is pretty impressive when your coming from oshkosh

She stays at my apartment on those nights.
Twitter: @TheSpangover

Check out diener and my new website @ www.thirddegreewithcc.weebly.com

Newest additions
-top 15 NBA free agents by position. That's 75 reviews of free agents.
-Diener breaks down the Brewers as a franchise
-2013 NBA Draft Combine Day 1 results and review
-State of the Roster-breaking down 3 best and worst NBA rosters
1 user high fived
spike64 on 8/28/2011(UTC)
dmonroe1
#74 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:27:48 PM(UTC)

All Conference
High Fives: 144
High Fived: 67
I was hoping someone would go there.
Twitter - @monroed20
clutch32
#75 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:40:24 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 9
High Fived: 15
Brunette?
The Closer