skip navigation


3 Pages123>
2012 Sectional Format Continues to Tarnish Tourney Experience
beloitk
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:52:12 PM(UTC)
WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Junior Varsity
Posts: 35
High Fives: 5
High Fived: 2
Joined: 3/13/2006(UTC)
It is very disappointing that the sectional format is drastically different this year. No longer can we experience sectional games at the Brown County Arena, Kolf Sports Center, or the Al McGuire Center. It was always special to take in games at those facilities. It really made the tourney experience feel "special". At those locations you could take in 2 games per session, now all of the sectional games are in regular high school gyms, with mainly only one game per site. Very disappointed that the WIAA has made these changes. I feel this will diminish the pathway to state experience.
I know the addition of the 5th division is the reason, which is even more frustrating. Last year you had Beaver Dam and Port Washington having to travel all of the way up to the Brown County Arena on a Thursday night for their sectional games. Obviously, they weren't able to bring large crowds, so situations like that have led to our current situation. I boycotted the state tourney last year for the first time in over 10 years, due to the 5 division format, but still attended some sectional games. I can't say I will be attending sectional games this year, with all of them being in high school gyms in which it will be very difficult to get tickets.
5 division format=
1. One whole day of D5 and D4 games at state, instead of one whole day of D1 games (Hilarious that WIAA put Sheb. Lutheran in NE Wis. Sectional, instead of the SE Sectional they were in last year and the one Sheb. Christian is currently in)- they better hope Lutheran makes it to state, otherwise the attendance for Thursday will probably set another all-time low for Thursday, just like last year. Panic move by them.
2. Revamped sectional formats no longer have game being played at awesome venues.
3. Fewer of the top teams and players at the state tournament.

The WIAA has truly lost my confidence with many horrible decisions over the last couple of years.
Sponsor  
 
db11
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:55:15 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
Posts: 25,144
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
Joined: 5/29/2005(UTC)
Keep crying...A river's forming...and someday I'd like to be able to fish in it.

It continues to amaze me that people get so worked up about venues (sure, it's great to have them in top-notch facilities)...I'd watch King vs. Germantown at Hart Park for Pete's sake...as well as what teams are at state...Good basketball is good basketball. I don't like 5 divisions in the slightest, but my tourney experience has hardly been tarnished...but maybe that's because the number 1 thing for me is what happens between the lines.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
9 users high fived
justintyem on 3/4/2012(UTC), voiceofreason on 3/4/2012(UTC), psat14322 on 3/4/2012(UTC), nrhstiger on 3/4/2012(UTC), travis12 on 3/4/2012(UTC), ash22themagnificent on 3/4/2012(UTC), brettwho on 3/4/2012(UTC), dkelly28 on 3/5/2012(UTC), altstu2 on 3/5/2012(UTC)
altstu2
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:57:43 PM(UTC)
All Conference
Posts: 882
High Fives: 106
High Fived: 86
Joined: 5/27/2008(UTC)
DB wrote:
Keep crying...A river's forming...and someday I'd like to be able to fish in it.

Probably won't be able to fish that river, DB...tears are very salty...plus the water will be way above flood stage
don't confuse me with anyone else who has a similar name...I am the one true Stu

not the only one who doesn't care about threads being mentioned on Twitter
1 user high fived
luvthemhoops on 3/3/2012(UTC)
luvthemhoops
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:05:27 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Varsity
Posts: 199
High Fives: 43
High Fived: 27
Joined: 12/18/2010(UTC)
DB your post is inflammatory,shame on you
The web site is wrong I've been a member since '07
1 user high fived
faststew on 3/3/2012(UTC)
miltownhoopsfan
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:11:42 PM(UTC)

Varsity
Posts: 378
High Fives: 40
High Fived: 54
Joined: 6/23/2010(UTC)
I have some similar feelings and disappointments in recent years but as DB points out - the game is still the game and the kids are still kids and as a fan I will adjust and I still love following the journey.

I do miss the Sectional Semifinal night - where four teams converged on one place and you got to see two games in one night. I do think, however, that space was becoming an issue in some of those events because you had to accomodate 4 schools' fans. If you didn't go early (and the first game was often at 6pm) you might not get in.

I also am not thrilled with 5 divisions - more so because it was the result of what started as a "private school in smaller divisions" problem. I'd love to see a way to go back to 4 divisions and have 8 teams make it to some form of State Tournament for ALL 4 divisions (this may require a 2-venue location i.e. U.S. Cellular and Bradley Center OR playing the tournament on an additional day).

At any rate - we all have our two cents and our "agendas" and our beefs. There are things we cannot control so I rather roll with it and make it to as many games as I can. It still is an exciting time of the year for those of us who truly love this sport.

Not so much of a river by me because it doesn't really flow anywhere - maybe more like a pond ??

On a side note - DB - do u have a "staff" - as you were updating like 7-8 games in progress tonight?
Miltown Hoops Fan

Was I the only one cheering for South Bend Central in the Indiana State Championship game on "Hoosiers"?
amped0808
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:15:22 PM(UTC)

All American
Posts: 7,226
High Fives: 236
High Fived: 631
Joined: 3/26/2011(UTC)
altstu2 wrote:
DB wrote:
Keep crying...A river's forming...and someday I'd like to be able to fish in it.

Probably won't be able to fish that river, DB...tears are very salty...plus the water will be way above flood stage


there is saltwater fish....
WSN HOF Inductee 2013
Once a Warrior, Always a Warrior
WLC Men's Tennis Assistant Coach
WLC Men's Tennis: 2013-14 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament Champions (13-9)
Twitter
luvthemhoops
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:24:02 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Varsity
Posts: 199
High Fives: 43
High Fived: 27
Joined: 12/18/2010(UTC)
What ever happened to one of the Sectionals being played at UW Whitewater? For years they had one there and all of a sudden it disappeared,I'm just wondering why it is not played there anymore??
The web site is wrong I've been a member since '07
altstu2
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:28:28 PM(UTC)
All Conference
Posts: 882
High Fives: 106
High Fived: 86
Joined: 5/27/2008(UTC)
MiltownHoopsFan wrote:
I have some similar feelings and disappointments in recent years but as DB points out - the game is still the game and the kids are still kids and as a fan I will adjust and I still love following the journey.

I do miss the Sectional Semifinal night - where four teams converged on one place and you got to see two games in one night. I do think, however, that space was becoming an issue in some of those events because you had to accomodate 4 schools' fans. If you didn't go early (and the first game was often at 6pm) you might not get in.

I also am not thrilled with 5 divisions - more so because it was the result of what started as a "private school in smaller divisions" problem. I'd love to see a way to go back to 4 divisions and have 8 teams make it to some form of State Tournament for ALL 4 divisions (this may require a 2-venue location i.e. U.S. Cellular and Bradley Center OR playing the tournament on an additional day).

At any rate - we all have our two cents and our "agendas" and our beefs. There are things we cannot control so I rather roll with it and make it to as many games as I can. It still is an exciting time of the year for those of us who truly love this sport.

Not so much of a river by me because it doesn't really flow anywhere - maybe more like a pond ??

On a side note - DB - do u have a "staff" - as you were updating like 7-8 games in progress tonight?

The fifth division is NOT because of the public/private debate, it is because of attendance difference between to the top and the bottom of what was Division 2 at that time...if you would check you would see that the lowest 2 divisions remain primarily unchanged...however they are the most affected in the private/public debate
don't confuse me with anyone else who has a similar name...I am the one true Stu

not the only one who doesn't care about threads being mentioned on Twitter
altstu2
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:30:23 PM(UTC)
All Conference
Posts: 882
High Fives: 106
High Fived: 86
Joined: 5/27/2008(UTC)
amped0808 wrote:
altstu2 wrote:
DB wrote:
Keep crying...A river's forming...and someday I'd like to be able to fish in it.

Probably won't be able to fish that river, DB...tears are very salty...plus the water will be way above flood stage


there is saltwater fish....

please check...Dead Sea, very salty, little if no fish
don't confuse me with anyone else who has a similar name...I am the one true Stu

not the only one who doesn't care about threads being mentioned on Twitter
amped0808
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:40:52 PM(UTC)

All American
Posts: 7,226
High Fives: 236
High Fived: 631
Joined: 3/26/2011(UTC)
altstu2 wrote:
amped0808 wrote:
altstu2 wrote:
DB wrote:
Keep crying...A river's forming...and someday I'd like to be able to fish in it.

Probably won't be able to fish that river, DB...tears are very salty...plus the water will be way above flood stage


there is saltwater fish....

please check...Dead Sea, very salty, little if no fish


Then desalinize it, put some Bass, Northern Pikes, and Muskies in the river because I want to go fishing lol  .
WSN HOF Inductee 2013
Once a Warrior, Always a Warrior
WLC Men's Tennis Assistant Coach
WLC Men's Tennis: 2013-14 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament Champions (13-9)
Twitter
faststew
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:55:51 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
Posts: 1,699
High Fives: 201
High Fived: 120
Joined: 2/2/2010(UTC)
DB wrote:
Keep crying...A river's forming...and someday I'd like to be able to fish in it.

It continues to amaze me that people get so worked up about venues (sure, it's great to have them in top-notch facilities)...I'd watch King vs. Germantown at Hart Park for Pete's sake...as well as what teams are at state...Good basketball is good basketball. I don't like 5 divisions in the slightest, but my tourney experience has hardly been tarnished...but maybe that's because the number 1 thing for me is what happens between the lines.

Its statements like that DB is how you get under someones skin. Since the person isnt around to get in a physical altercation, they say some ridiculous things. People would never talk to me like that if we were standing face to face. Have some consideration your a moderator, quoting a river is forming ect will only get people riled up, then you can delete what you want. Its sickning dude!
"2012 HS Football Pick'em Champ"
"To give anything less than your all is a failure"
ETHS-7 time defending conference champs
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
faststew
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:58:29 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
Posts: 1,699
High Fives: 201
High Fived: 120
Joined: 2/2/2010(UTC)
amped0808 wrote:
altstu2 wrote:
amped0808 wrote:
altstu2 wrote:
DB wrote:
Keep crying...A river's forming...and someday I'd like to be able to fish in it.

Probably won't be able to fish that river, DB...tears are very salty...plus the water will be way above flood stage


there is saltwater fish....

please check...Dead Sea, very salty, little if no fish


Then desalinize it, put some Bass, Northern Pikes, and Muskies in the river because I want to go fishing lol  .

And you,,,,,,,,,,,, look like Cory Hart! Enough said!
"2012 HS Football Pick'em Champ"
"To give anything less than your all is a failure"
ETHS-7 time defending conference champs
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
easystridermrg28
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:01:14 PM(UTC)
Varsity
Posts: 201
High Fives: 5
High Fived: 8
Joined: 11/1/2008(UTC)
As a Germantown alum I'm thankful that I don't have to drive to that dump they call the Kolf Sports Center. I don't think that building has been updated since the 1970's. I'm with DB I dont mind that the games are in the highschools. They always used to be in the highschools, and believe me most highschools are better than going to that dump in Oshkosh.
faststew
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:44:18 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
Posts: 1,699
High Fives: 201
High Fived: 120
Joined: 2/2/2010(UTC)
I agree with Miltownhoopsfan in that it would be great if 8 teams in 4 divisions got to state. Its every kids dream playing ball in Madison.Why not fufill more memories for todays youth? I know growing up that was every ballers goal
"2012 HS Football Pick'em Champ"
"To give anything less than your all is a failure"
ETHS-7 time defending conference champs
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
1 user high fived
dukeis1 on 3/8/2012(UTC)
db11
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:53:47 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
Posts: 25,144
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
Joined: 5/29/2005(UTC)
faststew wrote:
DB wrote:
Keep crying...A river's forming...and someday I'd like to be able to fish in it.

It continues to amaze me that people get so worked up about venues (sure, it's great to have them in top-notch facilities)...I'd watch King vs. Germantown at Hart Park for Pete's sake...as well as what teams are at state...Good basketball is good basketball. I don't like 5 divisions in the slightest, but my tourney experience has hardly been tarnished...but maybe that's because the number 1 thing for me is what happens between the lines.

Its statements like that DB is how you get under someones skin. Since the person isnt around to get in a physical altercation, they say some ridiculous things. People would never talk to me like that if we were standing face to face. Have some consideration your a moderator, quoting a river is forming ect will only get people riled up, then you can delete what you want. Its sickning dude!


Cry me a river.

Why are you acting as if my using a term essentially meaning "sour grapes" is somehow on par with challenging someone to fisticuffs? And again, like most here, I don't hide behind a screen name, I am very easy to track down. Everything I say I would say in person because I have put myself in a position where I can be held accountable for what I say.

Personally, I'm just getting real tired of people complaining about the peripherals. It seems that has superseded what actually matters this time of year (the games themselves). And if people haven't noticed, we had quite a few classics today.

Using phrases like "tarnish the tournament" in reference to sectional venues (there are several HS facilities that provide just as good a game-watching experience as the venues listed above) just seems a little misplaced...if anything, the ending of King/Riverside game "tarnished" the tourney, not games not being played at the Al or the Kolf. It's also a little suspicious that this complaint came out BEFORE any sectionals have even been played. How can an experience that has yet to be experienced be tarnished? How does one know that their trip to Racine Horlick or any other place come next Friday or Saturday isn't going to be a great one? Yeah, the convenience of a 6:00/8:00 doubleheader may not be there anymore, but if that's all you have to complain about, I'd say you got it pretty well knocked.

The ticket argument doesn't fly because it's not as if these games are being held in tiny gyms. Most sectional hosts have facilities equal to that of D3 colleges. Buy ahead or get there early and you can always get a seat...it's only the late-comers who get turned away.

FWIW, I deleted three posts today (the first I've deleted in quite some time). Removed was a post in which derogatory names were used towards Little Chute's basketball team, and two follow-ups from others that made the mistake of quoting said derogatory post.

You make it sound as if I spend my time deleting posts in an effort to doctor arguments.

Oh, and *Block*
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
2 users high fived
voiceofreason on 3/4/2012(UTC), stcroix1 on 3/7/2012(UTC)
db11
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:57:34 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
Posts: 25,144
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
Joined: 5/29/2005(UTC)
MiltownHoopsFan wrote:
I have some similar feelings and disappointments in recent years but as DB points out - the game is still the game and the kids are still kids and as a fan I will adjust and I still love following the journey.

I do miss the Sectional Semifinal night - where four teams converged on one place and you got to see two games in one night. I do think, however, that space was becoming an issue in some of those events because you had to accomodate 4 schools' fans. If you didn't go early (and the first game was often at 6pm) you might not get in.

I also am not thrilled with 5 divisions - more so because it was the result of what started as a "private school in smaller divisions" problem. I'd love to see a way to go back to 4 divisions and have 8 teams make it to some form of State Tournament for ALL 4 divisions (this may require a 2-venue location i.e. U.S. Cellular and Bradley Center OR playing the tournament on an additional day).

At any rate - we all have our two cents and our "agendas" and our beefs. There are things we cannot control so I rather roll with it and make it to as many games as I can. It still is an exciting time of the year for those of us who truly love this sport.

Not so much of a river by me because it doesn't really flow anywhere - maybe more like a pond ??

On a side note - DB - do u have a "staff" - as you were updating like 7-8 games in progress tonight?


Nope, just coordinating an elaborate network of texts and Twitter updates.


https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
faststew
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:07:18 AM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
Posts: 1,699
High Fives: 201
High Fived: 120
Joined: 2/2/2010(UTC)
I dont know DB i guess im cut from a different cloth. I never disrespect, or make fun, or rip anyone unless they attack me first. Live by that law and you might be a tad more popular. Dont think you would sit in front of my face and say things you have said to people the last year or so. If i deserve it, fine. If you dont know me and attack with smartazz comments you wouldnt chew solid food for awhile. Im just trying to give you advice becaus i know 2 people personelly that wont log on to this website just because of guys who talk like you. I never threatened anyone, cant we just discuss things like mature grown ups? Thanks but this post is getting inflamed, we have to stop the inflamatory posts that you may not like. I wonder if the sponsors of WSN like decrepid posts like we just made?
"2012 HS Football Pick'em Champ"
"To give anything less than your all is a failure"
ETHS-7 time defending conference champs
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
1 user high fived
augustabakery on 3/5/2012(UTC)
db11
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:08:06 AM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
Posts: 25,144
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
Joined: 5/29/2005(UTC)
faststew wrote:
I dont know DB i guess im cut from a different cloth. I never disrespect, or make fun, or rip anyone unless they attack me first. Live by that law and you might be a tad more popular. Dont think you would sit in front of my face and say things you have said to people the last year or so. If i deserve it, fine. If you dont know me and attack with smartazz comments you wouldnt chew solid food for awhile. Im just trying to give you advice becaus i know 2 people personelly that wont log on to this website just because of guys who talk like you. I never threatened anyone, cant we just discuss things like mature grown ups? Thanks but this post is getting inflamed, we have to stop the inflamatory posts that you may not like. I wonder if the sponsors of WSN like decrepid posts like we just made?


Does that include officials?



I'd also like to know exactly what awful things I've said on here over the last year that I wouldn't say to someone's face? How do you know I wouldn't? You don't know me just as you insinuate that I, nor anyone else, know you.

This river flows both ways. If someone's acting petulant, whether in public or on here, there's a solid chance I'm gonna do or say something about it.

Look, I'm willing to drop it...'cause frankly, I just wanna talk actual b-ball at this time of year.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
1 user high fived
voiceofreason on 3/4/2012(UTC)
faststew
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:26:34 AM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
Posts: 1,699
High Fives: 201
High Fived: 120
Joined: 2/2/2010(UTC)
DB wrote:
faststew wrote:
I dont know DB i guess im cut from a different cloth. I never disrespect, or make fun, or rip anyone unless they attack me first. Live by that law and you might be a tad more popular. Dont think you would sit in front of my face and say things you have said to people the last year or so. If i deserve it, fine. If you dont know me and attack with smartazz comments you wouldnt chew solid food for awhile. Im just trying to give you advice becaus i know 2 people personelly that wont log on to this website just because of guys who talk like you. I never threatened anyone, cant we just discuss things like mature grown ups? Thanks but this post is getting inflamed, we have to stop the inflamatory posts that you may not like. I wonder if the sponsors of WSN like decrepid posts like we just made?


Does that include officials?


Hey i yell if theres a bad call,sure! I did throw my gum and a bottle at a ref but he was obviously related to a player, and i was 19yrs old. I hear come on everytime a whistle blows, if i do it once a game maybe its ok? I had 1 meltdown at the ET VS Riverside game at the Brookfield tourney. Havent had one of those since i yelled at ETs coach last year. Couldnt get a shot off in 30seconds? Cant stop penatration you should go to a zone correct? I had reasons but never made fun of of or attacked. Just said jeez,come on, and what are you looking at or the ever popular no way. Anyone who never says those things i must meet and sit with them at a game and see how they do it. Wait its called passion? Its fine to disagree ect, just always thrashing out with smart alik comments is immature in itself. I could have been all over these boards trashing people about the Little Chute loss but i didnt really. I asked the guys how did they lose in PMs and told them it was a great year and next year LC will be a scary team. The Rayfield stuff there was no facts out yet. We took a 19yr old kid from Elkhorns word for it. While he was half correct i defended him like i did Ryan Braun. Now when your proven guilty i will say my piece if deserved. None of us are perfect but, respect and honesty should be held within people everywhere. How did you become a moderator anyway as much critical bs you say? It really neve bothered me but i read alot of your posts and they are all negative. How about saying yea West Allis Central won and say something positive about your alma matte instead of trashing others? Just a thought. Got nothing against you really, but alota people really dont care for your dameanor you know?
"2012 HS Football Pick'em Champ"
"To give anything less than your all is a failure"
ETHS-7 time defending conference champs
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
db11
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:39:54 AM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
Posts: 25,144
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
Joined: 5/29/2005(UTC)
Oh, I'm sure I have a few enemies out there, but I'll take all the praise and compliments I've received since September of 2004 from people on here (high profile members and lurkers alike...you'd be surprised who reads these forums) and stack that up against my so-called detractors any day.

I guess it's just unfortunate that sarcasm happens to be one of my best traits, and sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet.

Oh well, you're not gonna make friends with everybody on the internet, I s'pose.

https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
2 users high fived
stcroix1 on 3/4/2012(UTC), 4ever1 on 3/4/2012(UTC)
altstu2
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 1:00:33 AM(UTC)
All Conference
Posts: 882
High Fives: 106
High Fived: 86
Joined: 5/27/2008(UTC)
I was a member of 2 teams that made it to sectionals, and neither year was the game in a big fancy DIII facility...our first year we played at La Crosse Central and my second year we played at La Crosse Logan...I guess those of us who went to smaller schools don't get the experience of playing in a top notch facility unless we make it to state...and when you do, you get the joy of getting up and playing at 9:45 in the morning with all the snide comments of the big school fans how we aren't as good the big schools because we can't fill an arena like the Kohl center...it may not look like a lot but almost everybody from my town was at our games at state...can you say the same about your Division 1 school??
don't confuse me with anyone else who has a similar name...I am the one true Stu

not the only one who doesn't care about threads being mentioned on Twitter
4 users high fived
brettwho on 3/4/2012(UTC), faststew on 3/4/2012(UTC), shscoach2012 on 3/5/2012(UTC), dukeis1 on 3/8/2012(UTC)
easystridermrg28
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 1:03:11 AM(UTC)
Varsity
Posts: 201
High Fives: 5
High Fived: 8
Joined: 11/1/2008(UTC)
faststew wrote:
I dont know DB i guess im cut from a different cloth. I never disrespect, or make fun, or rip anyone unless they attack me first. Live by that law and you might be a tad more popular. us i know 2 people personelly that wont log on to this website just because of guys who talk like you. I never threatenDont think you would sit in front of my face and say things you have said to people the last year or so. If i deserve it, fine. If you dont know me and attack with smartazz comments you wouldnt chew solid food for awhile. Im just trying to give you advice becaed anyone, cant we just discuss things like mature grown ups? Thanks but this post is getting inflamed, we have to stop the inflamatory posts that you may not like. I wonder if the sponsors of WSN like decrepid posts like we just made?


I dont think by providing cowardly threats on a sports talk website makes you one to judge. People listen to you bable on and on about ET and never respond the way you just did. Now I am not cut from the same cloth as you obviously but I respect the opinion of others. I recomend you do the same.
4 users high fived
voiceofreason on 3/4/2012(UTC), bradleyskis on 3/4/2012(UTC), stcroix1 on 3/4/2012(UTC), 4ever1 on 3/4/2012(UTC)
hoopsveez
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 7:42:53 AM(UTC)
Varsity
Posts: 197
High Fives: 12
High Fived: 11
Joined: 2/25/2009(UTC)
You chucked a bottle and gum at a ref, thats all I need to know about you.
7 users high fived
voiceofreason on 3/4/2012(UTC), bradleyskis on 3/4/2012(UTC), psat14322 on 3/4/2012(UTC), stcroix1 on 3/4/2012(UTC), benchwarmer50_old on 3/4/2012(UTC), kadeantczak on 3/4/2012(UTC), etremington10 on 3/6/2012(UTC)
wishoops1
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 9:28:10 AM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Varsity
Posts: 451
High Fives: 12
High Fived: 16
Joined: 2/20/2007(UTC)
[/quote]
Hey i yell if theres a bad call,sure! I did throw my gum and a bottle at a ref but he was obviously related to a player, and i was 19yrs old. I hear come on everytime a whistle blows, if i do it once a game maybe its ok? I had 1 meltdown at the ET VS Riverside game at the Brookfield tourney. Havent had one of those since i yelled at ETs coach last year. Couldnt get a shot off in 30seconds? Cant stop penatration you should go to a zone correct? I had reasons but never made fun of of or attacked. Just said jeez,come on, and what are you looking at or the ever popular no way. Anyone who never says those things i must meet and sit with them at a game and see how they do it. Wait its called passion? Its fine to disagree ect, just always thrashing out with smart alik comments is immature in itself. I could have been all over these boards trashing people about the Little Chute loss but i didnt really. I asked the guys how did they lose in PMs and told them it was a great year and next year LC will be a scary team. The Rayfield stuff there was no facts out yet. We took a 19yr old kid from Elkhorns word for it. While he was half correct i defended him like i did Ryan Braun. Now when your proven guilty i will say my piece if deserved. None of us are perfect but, respect and honesty should be held within people everywhere. How did you become a moderator anyway as much critical bs you say? It really neve bothered me but i read alot of your posts and they are all negative. How about saying yea West Allis Central won and say something positive about your alma matte instead of trashing others? Just a thought. Got nothing against you really, but alota people really dont care for your dameanor you know?[/quote]

I've been on here for a while, dont post a lot but like to read the posts and honestly i really respect DB along with many others on this site. His posts are very insightful and he gives very good info a lot of the time. His post about crying a river wasnt even bad, its actually pretty true, who cares where the games are played. And I'm sorry but it is your posts that many people don't care for.
Packers, Badgers, USMNT, Brewers, Heels, Sharks, and Lebron
Fan of all sports

1 user high fived
brettwho on 3/4/2012(UTC)
stcroix1
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 10:28:36 AM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
Posts: 3,336
High Fives: 198
High Fived: 157
Joined: 5/29/2005(UTC)
faststew wrote:

Its statements like that DB is how you get under someones skin. Since the person isnt around to get in a physical altercation, they say some ridiculous things. People would never talk to me like that if we were standing face to face. Have some consideration your a moderator, quoting a river is forming ect will only get people riled up, then you can delete what you want. Its sickning dude!


I GUARANTEE I would! I have always said...don't post something here if its something you wouldn't say to someones face.

Whats sickening is you are so thin skinned that you think a physical altercation should occur due to a difference in opinion.

NOTHING I have posted, nor what DB has posted is something that wouldn't be part of a normal conversation. You just can't stand someone challenging your opinion...that's all message boards are for DUDE!
HoF Class 2011

NRHSTIGER is a friend of mine...and you are no NRHSTIGER

Twitter: @stcroix64
3 users high fived
4ever1 on 3/4/2012(UTC), altstu2 on 3/5/2012(UTC), etremington10 on 3/6/2012(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 1.9.4 | YAF © 2003-2010, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 2.060 seconds.