skip navigation

4 Pages<1234>
Division 5, 6, and 7 playoff predictions
sportingguru
#26 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 1:50:32 PM(UTC)

Varsity
High Fives: 12
High Fived: 30
traviswilson wrote:
CFC made it to Level 3 as an unseeded team last year. Blair-Taylor went to Level 4 in 2010. Eleva-Strum was state runner-up in 2006 and won state in 2007.

That's a better performance in recent years than many conferences can claim.

Eleva-Strum's success had NOTHING to do with the Dairyland Conference as a whole. Those games didn't prepare them for the playoffs anymore than the JV games did the following Monday. The teams they beat didn't put up enough of a fight for them to play starters for more than 2 quarters. If you take Eleva-Strum's rare batch of athletes out of the equation, the Dairyland Conference has been far from impressive.

ONE team here or there that makes it to level 3 or 4 every few years doesn't make a conference strong. A strong conference is one that has multiple teams making an impact in the playoffs, and dominates it's non-conference schedule. The Dairyland is, in most years, is the opposite of what I would personally consider a "strong conference." I'll just have to agree to disagree on this one!

newmen
#27 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 2:24:06 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 320
High Fived: 307
sportingguru wrote:
traviswilson wrote:
CFC made it to Level 3 as an unseeded team last year. Blair-Taylor went to Level 4 in 2010. Eleva-Strum was state runner-up in 2006 and won state in 2007.

Eleva-Strum's success had NOTHING to do with the Dairyland Conference as a whole. Those games didn't prepare them for the playoffs anymore than the JV games did the following Monday. The teams they beat didn't put up enough of a fight for them to play starters for more than 2 quarters. If you take Eleva-Strum's rare batch of athletes out of the equation, the Dairyland Conference has been far from impressive.

ONE team here or there that makes it to level 3 or 4 every few years doesn't make a conference strong. A strong conference is one that has multiple teams making an impact in the playoffs, and dominates it's non-conference schedule. The Dairyland is, in most years, is the opposite of what I would personally consider a "strong conference." I'll just have to agree to disagree on this one!

The point is: Dairyland > Scenic Bluffs
WSN's All-Time Lowest Score
Pick 'Em Champ: 2011 Cloverbelt BB, '11 State Football Playoffs
I was in Wissports Illustrated
sportingguru
#28 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 2:39:07 PM(UTC)

Varsity
High Fived: 30
newmen wrote:
sportingguru wrote:
traviswilson wrote:

The main point is: This is far more recognition than either of these conferences deserve on the general high school football forum

Strong Conference > Average Conference > Poor Conference > Dairyland/Scenice Bluffs
dfnewburry
#29 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 4:20:14 PM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 241
High Fived: 189
You know its playoff time whenmyconferenceisbetterthanyourconferenceitis afflicts people .

Gentlemen get your shots !

Understanding is a three-edged sword. Your side, my side, and the truth...J. Michael Straczynski

pdog3381
#30 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 9:47:52 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 7
High Fived: 7
newmen wrote:
sportingguru wrote:
traviswilson wrote:

I was not impressed with CFC, ya there a good team but Hillsboro will beat them and might not be close. NL dropped a td under 2 mins left that would of put em ahead. As for Dairyland being better then Scenic Bluffs I would disagree this year. Howd Whitehall do tonight?????
jehs40
#31 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 10:33:49 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 2
High Fived: 20
Good night for the Dunn-St Croix.

Elk Mound won as expected. Glenwood City won big. SCC took out Northland Pines after a long drive. Boyceville got the big upset over EM last week just to get in and then won on the road at Whitehall. The only loss was Mondovi getting beat at Lancaster which is completely expected.

Cloverbelt had a good night as well. Stanley-Boyd was the only team to lose, but that was to a conference rival Colby.

Marawood rolled as well. Stratford took out Auburndale, but otherwise they went unbeaten (with Pittsville playing tomorrow at Hurley).

CWC-8 had a good night as well, going 3-0 with Amherst expected to win big tomorrow.

Cloverwood is forced to kill off two of its own in the first round. O-W is probably their best team but is likely going to have to travel all he way across the state two weeks in a row if they get by Gilman tomorrow.
nirvanafan1
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:41:18 AM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 666
High Fived: 50
sportingguru wrote:
newmen wrote:
sportingguru wrote:
traviswilson wrote:

The main point is: This is far more recognition than either of these conferences deserve on the general high school football forum

Strong Conference > Average Conference > Poor Conference > Dairyland/Scenice Bluffs

What the hell gives YOU oh "God of all things WI sports" the right to claim that either conference deserves NO recognition on this forum? Nothing, that's what, these kids in these "not so strong" conferences work just as freaking hard as any other kids in any other conferences. They put in their 48 minutes a game, play as hard as they can, and they win or lose together! BTW, the season leader in tackles (as of this moment) resides in the Scenic Bluffs, I'd hate to see someone tell him that his effort doesn't matter because some clown on WSN doesn't think his "crappy conference" doesn't deserve to get any press on the general football forum. Both you and newman need to learn a little something about respect, because obviously you haven't got any for these teams.
I will not apologize for being awesome.
2 users high fived
pdog3381 on 10/20/2012(UTC), calelisowski11 on 10/21/2012(UTC)
nirvanafan1
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:44:19 AM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 666
High Fived: 50
traviswilson wrote:

Thank you, Travis, for respecting the performance of the schools in these conferences, many Scenic Bluffs teams have also had good runs in the playoffs over the last decade.
I will not apologize for being awesome.
1 user high fived
calelisowski11 on 10/21/2012(UTC)
hooknladder
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:06:49 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 6
High Fived: 13
im going to take amherst to win d5, they played some good teams in the CWC 8 and came out undefeated, they have a tough D and can move the ball on the ground and through the air. they are going to be tough to stop.
johnnyfootball
#35 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 5:44:27 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 9
I don't know if they are going to win or even make it to state, but I think pittsville needs to be getting some love in the d-6 playoffs. After beating a real tough hurley squad, they are about to make some noise and upset regis. Sojka is a great qb and is going to pick apart a secondary that was getting burned by flambeau.
newmen
#36 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:00:07 PM(UTC)

All American
johnnyfootball wrote:
I don't know if they are going to win or even make it to state, but I think pittsville needs to be getting some love in the d-6 playoffs. After beating a real tough hurley squad, they are about to make some noise and upset regis. Sojka is a great qb and is going to pick apart a secondary that was getting burned by flambeau.
I just love posts from homers and/or current players.

You do realize that 1/3 of Flambeau's passing yards came on one play, during the 4th quarter, while they were already down 42- 6, against what were probably (not 100% sure though) Regis backups?

I just find it hard to believe that a team that probably isn't as good as Stratford is going to beat a team that beat Stratford 50-7.

1 user high fived
wrastle on 10/24/2012(UTC)
hooknladder
#37 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:25:12 PM(UTC)
Varsity
yea i mean regis has beaten some quality teams this year, stanley-boyd, spencer-colombus, colby, stratford. sure its high school football and anything can happen but i just dont see regis having a close game with pittsville, let alone losing.
newmen
#38 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:28:58 PM(UTC)

All American
hooknladder wrote:
yea i mean regis has beaten some quality teams this year, stanley-boyd, spencer-colombus, colby, stratford. sure its high school football and anything can happen but i just dont see regis having a close game with pittsville, let alone losing.
Not to mention the fact that Regis beat S/C 36-0 while Pittsville lost to S/C 31-29.
robd1
#39 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:40:18 PM(UTC)
WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Varsity
High Fives: 5
hooknladder wrote:
im going to take amherst to win d5, they played some good teams in the CWC 8 and came out undefeated, they have a tough D and can move the ball on the ground and through the air. they are going to be tough to stop.

No love for Marathon against Amherst?
hooknladder
#40 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:52:10 PM(UTC)
Varsity
robd1 wrote:
hooknladder wrote:

not that i dont have love, they do play in the marawood as there only 2 losses are to stratford and edgar. but amherst has a lot of kids on there team that almost beat brillion in level 3 last year and they average 40 points a game. i dont see marathon being able to keep up with amhersts high powered offense
theoldroller
#41 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 6:55:44 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fived: 29
robd1 wrote:
hooknladder wrote:

Marathon's a good team, but I really think Amherst is a better one. It's hard to say for sure. The team Amherst beat by 5 dozen or so in the first round lost a close game to the team Marathon only beat by about 3 dozen or so. So, not much to learn from level one games. Once you get past a twenty point margin of victory, games like that don't tell us much. Did they have any common opponents this year?

I think Marathon can be competitive enough that if the breaks fall the right way, they could steal it, but I still think Amherst should be the favorite.
johnnyfootball
#42 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:11:14 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
I'm not going to lie, I'm a big panther fan! Not a current player though. All I am saying that regis has struggled with the pass this year and years before. Flambeau scored in the early second on a big pass on the regis starters and had the ball in the second down twenty two to six. Also Stanley was able to pass the ball on them (scored on a huge pass when they were down 14 to 0 in the first half) I'm just saying the ramblers should be on upset alert, sojka is a very underrated qb in the state.
robd1
#43 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:22:02 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 5
theoldroller wrote:
robd1 wrote:
hooknladder wrote:

Marathon's a good team, but I really think Amherst is a better one. It's hard to say for sure. The team Amherst beat by 5 dozen or so in the first round lost a close game to the team Marathon only beat by about 3 dozen or so. So, not much to learn from level one games. Once you get past a twenty point margin of victory, games like that don't tell us much. Did they have any common opponents this year?

I think Marathon can be competitive enough that if the breaks fall the right way, they could steal it, but I still think Amherst should be the favorite.

I am from Marathon. I do the videotaping of their games to, so I will be at the game Saturday. I have not seen Amherst play, nor do I know the kind of competition they had. With that being said, everythign I read or have been told is they are a good team. They can run and pass, and have a good defense, so yes, it will be tough to beat them. I do think it will take our A game and some good breaks to pull it off. I think we should at least be able to give them a good game. Im just hoping for a good game and no injuries. I will try and post scoring updates, provided cell phone reception is good.
hooknladder
#44 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:32:40 PM(UTC)
Varsity
ill be at the shiocton-manty lutheran game fri, amherst at 2 on saturday then shooting down to fondy for springs-manawa so im hoping that ill get to see a good game somewhere, id hate to be driving all over the place to watch nothing but blowouts.
1 user high fived
bigrollin on 10/23/2012(UTC)
newmen
#45 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:39:51 PM(UTC)

All American
hooknladder wrote:
ill be at the shiocton-manty lutheran game fri, amherst at 2 on saturday then shooting down to fondy for springs-manawa so im hoping that ill get to see a good game somewhere, id hate to be driving all over the place to watch nothing but blowouts.
If you're worried about saving money on gas, I would suggest not going to these games. If not, enjoy.
1 user high fived
bigrollin on 10/23/2012(UTC)
prepfootball24
#46 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:54:47 PM(UTC)

Varsity
High Fived: 3
newmen wrote:
johnnyfootball wrote:
I just love posts from homers and/or current players.

You do realize that 1/3 of Flambeau's passing yards came on one play, during the 4th quarter, while they were already down 42- 6, against what were probably (not 100% sure though) Regis backups?

I just find it hard to believe that a team that probably isn't as good as Stratford is going to beat a team that beat Stratford 50-7.

Regis actually beat Stratford 50-0. But I completely agree with the flambeau game. There were actually about 3-4 plays that we're the majority of flambeau's passing yards and most of those plays/yards came in the 4th quarter. Also I do not believe that if Stanley couldn't beat Regis that pittsville can. Just my opinion. Also where was the s/c pittsville game played?
bigrollin
#47 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:52:39 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 51
johnnyfootball wrote:

I don't know how you think Pittsville is going to do anything? They couldn't hold springs,shiocton's or regis's jock straps.. come saturday morning im going to come on here and laugh out loud at the score.
1 user high fived
wrastle on 10/24/2012(UTC)
bigrollin
#48 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:54:41 AM(UTC)
Varsity
theoldroller wrote:
robd1 wrote:
hooknladder wrote:

I dont think Marathon could beat Shiocton or Amherst.. i dont even think they could beat Manawa
afan1
#49 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:09:30 AM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 398
High Fived: 404
bigrollin wrote:
theoldroller wrote:
robd1 wrote:
hooknladder wrote:

I dont think Marathon could beat Shiocton or Amherst.. i dont even think they could beat Manawa

But you do not think that even the GB Packers could beat Shiocton. RIGHT ?  Gezz, I have seem homers in my day but you just might be the best example in a very long time.
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
bigrollin
#50 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:14:14 AM(UTC)
Varsity
Im a fan :) I love the GB packers just as much as my home team! Im a good fan and don't hate on my team during bad times, and when times are good its just icing on the cake.