skip navigation
  • Login Currently Unavailable

3 Extra Home Games!
roadkill1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:32:07 PM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 912
High Fived: 660
Well, well, well.

This should get interesting!!!!!!

Mr RK
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
Sponsor  

baker18
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:07:21 PM(UTC)
WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
High Fives: 6
High Fived: 24
roadkill1 wrote:
Well, well, well.

Mr RK

I dont want to hear any more damn brewer fans ******ing about scheduling changes giving teams an unfair advantage
blade12
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:25:32 PM(UTC)
All State
High Fives: 15
High Fived: 104
baker18 wrote:
roadkill1 wrote:
Well, well, well.

Mr RK

I dont want to hear any more damn brewer fans ******ing about scheduling changes giving teams an unfair advantage

Can you imagine if the Brewers sweep MIA and then end up winning the division by 1 game over the Cubs and or Cards?
wlhssuperjake08
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:32:09 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 489
High Fived: 759
I'm sorry, but there's a LITTLE difference between mother nature forcing a rescheduled series, and the Cubs doing it because they didn't want to play a day game against a division rival the day after a night game. But I'll take it! ;)
WSN Hall of Fame 2015 Inductee

https://twitter.com/Wlhssuperjake08
db11
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:19:15 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
Attendance limited to 10,000 on Friday and 23,000 on the weekend due to limited staffing. Get there early.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

"Doin' right ain't got no end."
-The Outlaw Josey Wales
kenny78
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:13:14 AM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 125
High Fived: 146
wlhssuperjake08 wrote:
I'm sorry, but there's a LITTLE difference between mother nature forcing a rescheduled series, and the Cubs doing it because they didn't want to play a day game against a division rival the day after a night game. But I'll take it! ;)

You forgot to mention the pesky little detail of the Cubs having to travel back to Chicago after that night game. That was the real reason for the time change, not just the fact that it was a day game after a night game. As for this series, the MLB could just as easily arranged to have the games played at a neutral site if they thought it would be a huge advantage to the Brewers. I suspect that it won't matter anyway.
formerwiacbaseballer
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:31:34 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 308
High Fived: 669
wlhssuperjake08 wrote:

Based on how things have gone this summer, I can only imagine how much whining and crying there would be if the shoe was on the other foot and the Cubs were awarded three more home games instead of having to hit the road for a late season series!!!
"Let's Play Two!!!"

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
blade12
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:37:09 AM(UTC)
All State
db11 wrote:
Attendance limited to 10,000 on Friday and 23,000 on the weekend due to limited staffing. Get there early.

Too bad they can't pack MP and turn it into a fundraiser for the people of Fla. with all ticket sale money going back to the Red Cross or something like that.
blade12
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:49:36 AM(UTC)
All State
Most NL teams in the Eastern US play at home this weekend. Only Pit, Stl and Mke are available. Could use CWS or Tor, or maybe KC but there aren't a lot of choices.
thecrackerjack
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:05:52 AM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 54
High Fived: 92
formerwiacbaseballer wrote:
wlhssuperjake08 wrote:

Based on how things have gone this summer, I can only imagine how much whining and crying there would be if the shoe was on the other foot and the Cubs were awarded three more home games instead of having to hit the road for a late season series!!!

How does Joe Maddon feel about this?

Some things are bigger than baseball, and I hope people can see that.
Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.

- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent

WSN Hall of Fame - Class of 2016
coach40
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:12:19 AM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 269
High Fived: 426
thecrackerjack wrote:
wlhssuperjake08 wrote:

Not sure where I saw it but he said he had no problem with it. Something about circumstances and you can control only so much!
Do or do not---there is no try
Master Yoda
roadkill1
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:29:21 AM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 912
High Fived: 660
Gawd I wish Kaijen and Lil' Kaijen were here!

It's a tough deal, it probably isn't right and it probably isn't wrong.

But I understand the beef.
It's still funny, but in the end I doubt it matters.

RK
"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold
formerwiacbaseballer
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:41:20 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 308
High Fived: 669
thecrackerjack wrote:
wlhssuperjake08 wrote:

He has absolutely no problem with it, (and either do I for that matter.) My comment had more to do with the prior reactions this summer when the Cubs PPD the game in May against the Brewers and then changed the start time last Friday. Had the Cubs been the team getting three more home games in the middle of a pennant chase, I'm guessing there would have been more of the same type of reactions. No?

Anyway, here is Maddon's exact quote:

"Obviously, something had to be done,” Maddon said Wednesday at Wrigley Field. “I have no issues with it. None.”

http://www.csnchicago.co...-series-moving-milwaukee
"Let's Play Two!!!"

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
thecrackerjack
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:05:06 AM(UTC)

All State
thecrackerjack wrote:
wlhssuperjake08 wrote:

He has absolutely no problem with it, (and either do I for that matter.) My comment had more to do with the prior reactions this summer when the Cubs PPD the game in May against the Brewers and then changed the start time last Friday. Had the Cubs been the team getting three more home games in the middle of a pennant chase, I'm guessing there would have been more of the same type of reactions. No?

Anyway, here is Maddon's exact quote:

"Obviously, something had to be done,” Maddon said Wednesday at Wrigley Field. “I have no issues with it. None.”

http://www.csnchicago.co...-series-moving-milwaukee

Had roles been reversed, I would not have an issue. Again, this is bigger than baseball.

- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent

baker18
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:34:21 AM(UTC)
All Conference
mother nature forced the May postponement, nut mother nature didn't rain like it was predicted. Cant be mad at cubs for that, but the brewers did nothing but complain.
db11
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:16:25 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
baker18 wrote:
mother nature forced the May postponement, nut mother nature didn't rain like it was predicted. Cant be mad at cubs for that, but the brewers did nothing but complain.

Or you could just wait until nearing actual gametime to make that call like most situations, not 10 hours in advance.

Yes, some rain came through, but that was a botched call. I would think it was dumb no matter who did it.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me. Because we all need a bit of sports snark in our lives.

-The Outlaw Josey Wales
baker18
#17 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 4:56:50 AM(UTC)
All Conference
db11 wrote:
baker18 wrote:

Or you could just wait until nearing actual gametime to make that call like most situations, not 10 hours in advance.

Yes, some rain came through, but that was a botched call. I would think it was dumb no matter who did it.

It is a 1 pm game, they made the call at 1148 I was at the game. So yea nice try though. When they made the call it wasn't just for rain. There was tornado watches in effect that day as well. Yea I didn't get to see the game that day, but I am glad they put the safety of 40 thousand people at hand first even if mother nature wasn't as bad as anticipated. It was the right call.
blade12
#18 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 6:44:15 AM(UTC)
All State
That game gave us the best quote of the year, “First time, for us, that we’ve had players treated for sunburn after a rainout,” Counsell quipped.
db11
#19 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 7:14:05 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
baker18 wrote:
db11 wrote:
baker18 wrote:

It is a 1 pm game, they made the call at 1148 I was at the game. So yea nice try though. When they made the call it wasn't just for rain. There was tornado watches in effect that day as well. Yea I didn't get to see the game that day, but I am glad they put the safety of 40 thousand people at hand first even if mother nature wasn't as bad as anticipated. It was the right call.

-The Outlaw Josey Wales
thecrackerjack
#20 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 8:11:57 AM(UTC)

All State
Someone needs to lay off the kool-aid for a bit.

- Yvon Chouinard

@miedent