Steph Curry 1 20 %
Kevin Durant 0 0 %
Blake Griffith 0 0 %
John Wall 0 0 %
The Greek Freak 2 40 %
Total 5 100%

NBA MVP Poll 2017-2018
swimbikeron
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 1:19:51 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 0
Fire Away
Sponsor  

cameroncrazies02
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 12:15:14 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 28
High Fived: 223
I'm having a hard time with some of the spellings of these names. But I'll give this a go.

1-Kawhi Leonard-the biggest hurdle Leonard has to face is his lack of personality or voteability. He doesn't do commercials, big press conferences, on-court ridiculousness aside from his play and that hurts him. But the Spurs are going to need a Herculean effort from him this year with Parker out for the first half of the year and the lack of improvement to its roster. And I think this is the year Kawhi really takes over.

2-Lebron James-this is probably Lebron's last real shot at winning an MVP before he starts to decrease statistically at least to be in the MVP discussion. IT is going to be out for awhile, if not the whole year, they have some good role players, but no real stars so Lebron will have heavy shoulders. And when the weight is on him, he steps up. With how bad the East is going to be too, he's going to have some monster games.

3-Russell Westbrook-I'm not sure what to take of RW. Statistically, he could put up some of the best numbers we've ever seen, but it's not all about numbers. His defense, or lack of trying, is atrocious. He cherry picks, he's a front runner and doesn't get along with the media. But adding Paul George, some veteran players, this team is going to be better and tougher. RW may not average a triple double, but he'll be close, he'll be forced to play better defense and he'll get some consideration.

4-Kevin Durant-KD will be a victim of the two-MVP candidate type teams to go along with Harden/Paul. If he has the same impact throughout the entire year that he had the second half of last season, he could top this list. At some point, the Warriors will either face an injury or get exposed defensively. But until that happens, KD will always have the impact and numbers to be top 5.

5-Kyrie Irving-he's a huge darkhorse. Surrounded by talented players and a complimentary team, Kyrie will come out firing as this is his team for once. He's always had MVP type talent, but has played second fiddle since he came into his prime. It's going to take him awhile to get use to his new team and new coach which will knock him down this list a bit.
Twitter: @TheSpangover

Check out diener and my new website @ www.thirddegreewithcc.weebly.com

Newest additions
-top 15 NBA free agents by position. That's 75 reviews of free agents.
-Diener breaks down the Brewers as a franchise
-2013 NBA Draft Combine Day 1 results and review
-State of the Roster-breaking down 3 best and worst NBA rosters
diener34
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:23:29 PM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 374
High Fived: 944
Giannis.

The Bucks are gonna win 57 games this year. That'll be enough for Giannis to be pushed over the top.

I'm thinking 26.5/9.2/5.4 on 53%FG 36% 3pt% 6.1/8.1 FT/FTA 2 steals 2 blocks.
cameroncrazies02
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:52:08 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 28
High Fived: 223
diener34 wrote:
Giannis.

The Bucks are gonna win 57 games this year. That'll be enough for Giannis to be pushed over the top.

I'm thinking 26.5/9.2/5.4 on 53%FG 36% 3pt% 6.1/8.1 FT/FTA 2 steals 2 blocks.

The problem with that is a) the Bucks aren't going to win 57 games and I think you were kind of kidding and b) Kawhi is going to put up similar numbers to Giannis and he's going to get votes over Giannis.
Twitter: @TheSpangover

Check out diener and my new website @ www.thirddegreewithcc.weebly.com

Newest additions
-top 15 NBA free agents by position. That's 75 reviews of free agents.
-Diener breaks down the Brewers as a franchise
-2013 NBA Draft Combine Day 1 results and review
-State of the Roster-breaking down 3 best and worst NBA rosters
diener34
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 17, 2017 5:55:31 PM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 374
High Fived: 944
I was half kidding about the 57 wins, I'm not gonna predict them to win 57, but if they do I don't want this thread to be here saying I said it wasn't happening.

If the Bucks for whatever reason win 57 and Giannis puts up that stat line, he'll win. The NBA and its voters are just waiting to crown the next king.

KD is too old
Kawhi is too quiet
Westbrook Hareden are so one dimensional.
Anthony Davis is stuck in basketball hell
KAT just lost a bunch of FGA with Jimmy in town.