skip navigation

Summer Team Leagues
SamM_old
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:19:54 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 0
Hello,
You've all been very helpful in the past and now I would like some information about High School summer basketball leagues. Could you please post some links that give guidelines and some leagues which are ongoing. I would like to propose that my grandson's school, Eastbrook Academy, get involved. As the program grows, next year will be our second in the WIAA and the first where our team will have seniors playing. The boys had some success this year and are excited about next year. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You very much.
Sponsor  

mavericks123
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:42:59 AM(UTC)
WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Varsity
High Fived: 10
Any news on the Whiz kids league? Did it end? Haven't seen a lot of stories about it this summer.

New Racine Sports Plex Varsity League: Thursdays

Horlick defeated a good Racine Lutheran team in overtime. Horlick has some quick perimeter defenders who get after you. Drummond is a solid player as the rebels keyed on him. It was a close game the whole way. A lot of physical play was allowed.

Case defeated Tremper by 20. Tremper has a solid forward who scored most of their points throughout the game. Case half court defense and offensive transition was strong. Sophomore DeAngelo Jackson played strong at point guard as well as senior post Roger Gardner. Strong sophomore and freshmen class for Case.

South Milwaukee defeated Kenosha St. Joe's by 2. Solid perimeter play from both teams.

mavericks123
#3 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 11:11:22 AM(UTC)
Varsity
I went to UW-Parkside yesterday to watch Bradford and South Milwaukee play. The Austin kid for South Milwaukee has the whole package. The kid can flat out shoot and he is a very good athlete. He can stop and pop on the break and finish around the rim. Bradford had some quick guards who were able to get into the lane at times, but they lacked size on Sunday. Case was there and Pinson and King played very strong. Wow! The Pinson kid is so quick with the ball in transition and he looks to make others better on the floor. He has a strong crossover dribble and quick first step to get into the lane. He hit 5 3's and had at least 8 assists in the first game I saw. As for King he looks to be about 6-5 and he finishes well on the break and in the lane. He has such a huge upside. One of Case most talented big's. He works harder than most freshmen I have seen when it comes to defending in the post. Both of these kids are impact players.

Another kid who stood out for Case was a 6-1 shooting guard named James Trice. He hit 8 3's against south mil. and finished on the break very well. He may have finished with close to 30pts. for the game. Strong left handed dribble to the basket and can defend on the perimeter. A huge upside also.
mavericks123
#4 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 8:26:21 AM(UTC)
Varsity
Thursday Racine Summer League Results:

Racine Park looks like the team to beat in the southeast conference right now. Strong guard play (Jordan Payne)and some athletic bigs. Good battle against Case next week.

South Milwaukee lost to Horlick by 8 but came back the next game and beat Case in overtime. Austin got it going in the second half and Case defended the 3pt. shot very poorly and they didn't attack the 2-3 zone that was thrown at them. South Mil. ran their offense very well and got good looks at the basket. Case missed a 3ft. shot to win the game in regulation.

Case came out strong in the second half against a very quick Horlick team and defeated them by 8. Freshmen Tyrese Pinson handled the ball well against Horlick's full ct. pressure and Roger Gardner and Davion Bell did most of the scoring. Bell had two steals with under 2 minutes to go to seal the victory.
mavericks123
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2011 10:58:25 PM(UTC)
Varsity
Case came out strong against Park tonight with a 26-21 halftime lead. Lack of defense and sharing the ball gave Park the advantage in the second half with a 53-51 victory. Jordan Payne hit 3 big 3 pointers and Taron Edwards attacked the lane at will to seal the victory. Park kept attacking the lane all night and was more aggressive in the second half. Freshmen Darion King played strong for Case along with Junior Daishon Pinson. Point guard Tyrese Pinson handled Park's pressure pretty well for being a young freshmen.
mavericks123
#6 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 8:07:06 AM(UTC)
Varsity
Racine Park finishes as the number 1 team in the thursday night racine league. Racine Lutheran drills Case with a second half shooting show.
mavericks123
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:20:29 PM(UTC)
Varsity
The last two weeks I got a chance to watch Franklin play in the South Milwaukee league. I saw them play a very physical Westosha Central team who beat them by eight. Franklin has a lot of size with 6-5 sophomore Chad Kanugh and 6-7 Danny Kingstad. They both rebound well inside and can score on the block. The Sabers have a lot of size and good point guard play from Kriesel and have played well with Ksobiech hurt. Against Racine Lutheran they had two starters missing and they won in overtime. Kanugh is getting better and better and they will be a tougher game than people think.

As for Westosha Central they impressed me with how hard they played on defense and they rebound the ball very well. They should do well in the southern lakes conference this year.