skip navigation

2 Pages12>
Carlin Dupree may be the best PG in the 2013 class, yes I said it!
citytruth
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:11:30 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 1
High Fived: 2
As everyone publicizes Bronson Koenig as the best player in the State of Wisconsin for the 2013 class, as well as they should, in part due to his campaign of people, coaches, and recent teams he has been a part of, including a state title for Aquinas, it is without hesitation, that Carlin Dupree out of Bay View HS may be able to rival Bronson's individual play. However, due to the lack of campaign, people, and being a transfer from Wisconsin Lutheran to Bay View keeping him from playing Varsity competition last season, Carlin Dupree remains under the proverbial radar.

As Bay View competes in the Homestead Summer League and with his DW Wildcats AAU program, Carlin is rolling up big numbers. This past Friday he scored 31 and 28 against rivals Tech and South Division in a summer league games including a monster dunk and multiple jaw dropping crossovers, finishing basket moves, providing countless dimes, and a solid three-point display. His body looked like Trevon Hughes his senior year at St. Johns, and his game is very similar, but shoots the perimeter shot better. Unable to compete in the Wisconsin Advanced Camp due to exams still being completed in MPS, Carlin will be able to be seen in the aforementioned league, and the WBCA Waukesha Tourney, and the WBBY Plymouth tournament. He will also be attending a couple different out of state advance camps. Feel free to be a critic, but only after you see him play.

His cousin, Karynda Dupree, from Wisconsin Lutheran, is also generating a bunch of D1 interest.
Sponsor  

nobs1
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:55:34 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 7
never seen the kid play so i cant say that he is or not the best p.g. but bronson is a beast and even in a loaded 2013 class only few play on his level. also playground warriors do a good job on getting guys seen. don't take that as a not against d.w. wildcats but if you have a guy who a person may think is the best at his position over 3 guys like (koenig, wilson,and ortiz)he should be known through out the state. hopefully i'll get a chance to see him next season because if he is on the level of those 3 point guards he's a special player.
mreed69
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:22:49 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 0
this from a former point guard and current coach, i understand what city is talking about, i was that same guy-no exposure, but when it was time to play against the so called best(the players that had someone promoting them or exposing them)i held my OWN! when i first seen him, i was like he is special, when others see him they will think likewise, i have seen koening in person(his team played against my team) he is a good player as well, but you have got to dupree-he will not disappoint, good luck to all!
citytruth
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:27:10 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
I agree that those point guards are exceptional and seeing them all last year and throughout the years in camps, I would still feel comfortable making that statement, but again, not to take away from those players. A link on Carlin Dupree:

http://buckeyeprep.blogs...elite-showcase-top.html

If he was amongst the elite in Ohio, there is credibility, except the 6'5 part, he is roughly 6'3ish.

bullhead_old
#5 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 11:39:36 AM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 1
Citytruth wrote:
As everyone publicizes Bronson Koenig as the best player in the State of Wisconsin for the 2013 class, as well as they should, in part due to his campaign of people, coaches, and recent teams he has been a part of, including a state title for Aquinas, it is without hesitation, that Carlin Dupree out of Bay View HS may be able to rival Bronson's individual play. However, due to the lack of campaign, people, and being a transfer from Wisconsin Lutheran to Bay View keeping him from playing Varsity competition last season, Carlin Dupree remains under the proverbial radar.

As Bay View competes in the Homestead Summer League and with his DW Wildcats AAU program, Carlin is rolling up big numbers. This past Friday he scored 31 and 28 against rivals Tech and South Division in a summer league games including a monster dunk and multiple jaw dropping crossovers, finishing basket moves, providing countless dimes, and a solid three-point display. His body looked like Trevon Hughes his senior year at St. Johns, and his game is very similar, but shoots the perimeter shot better. Unable to compete in the Wisconsin Advanced Camp due to exams still being completed in MPS, Carlin will be able to be seen in the aforementioned league, and the WBCA Waukesha Tourney, and the WBBY Plymouth tournament. He will also be attending a couple different out of state advance camps. Feel free to be a critic, but only after you see him play.

His cousin, Karynda Dupree, from Wisconsin Lutheran, is also generating a bunch of D1 interest.

He is a 2014 not a 2013! you think roy, bennett, Bo, Self and a host of others got it wrong? don't think so.
sportsfan12
#6 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 12:00:17 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 36
High Fived: 157
mreed69 wrote:
this from a former point guard and current coach, i understand what city is talking about, i was that same guy-no exposure, but when it was time to play against the so called best(the players that had someone promoting them or exposing them)i held my OWN! when i first seen him, i was like he is special, when others see him they will think likewise, i have seen koening in person(his team played against my team) he is a good player as well, but you have got to dupree-he will not disappoint, good luck to all!

citytruth
#7 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 3:06:15 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
bullhead wrote:

He is a 2014 not a 2013! you think roy, bennett, Bo, Self and a host of others got it wrong? don't think so.

I don't think the coaches you refered to on a first name basis are wrong, but you are if you are refering to the BRONSON KOENIG 'Junior status' or CARLIN DUPREE 'Junior Status' being 2014 when they are in fact 2013. But, why argue about the semantics, what else Bullhead can you contribute with only one post to your record.

nobs1
#8 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 9:31:47 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fived: 7
4 PG Martez Junior 6'0 JR
10 PG Shaquade Williams 5'10 SR
12 F Jamal Kern 6'3 SR
13 G/F Harlem Sewell 6'0 JR
23 WG Tory Mason Jr 6'4 JR
30 G Marlon Northern 6'1 JR
32 PG Carlin Dupree 6'2 JR
32 F/C Denaryo Ricks 6'4 SO
42 F Forrest Hardwick 6'4 JR
44 C Malcolm Savage 6'5 SR
50 PF Charles Williams 6'4 JR
54 F Sedrick Allen 6'1 JR
55 F Sonterius Banks 6'2 JR

this is what wishoops has for mil bay view's upcoming roster.
his is listed as an jr for next year
bullhead_old
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:42:18 AM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
Citytruth wrote:
bullhead wrote:

I don't think the coaches you refered to on a first name basis are wrong, but you are if you are refering to the BRONSON KOENIG 'Junior status' or CARLIN DUPREE 'Junior Status' being 2014 when they are in fact 2013. But, why argue about the semantics, what else Bullhead can you contribute with only one post to your record.

I only went by the link which you posted as to the ohio gig---It states 2014, and also on another website it states 2014. It also lists him as 6'5" which is contrary to the school listing of 6'2"--I have not seen him play nor have I ever heard of him-he has not been mentioned on this site as far as I know. Overall skill wise it may be a stretch to put him above Koenig because he would have been seen and mentioned on here and elsewhere if that were the case. Especially being from that side of the state, and we all know how Antonio Curro puts up the kids there over all others. This certainly is not putting the kid down at all, and if he gets recognized late then I wish him well. I hope to be able to see him sometime.
fallback
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:02:36 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fived: 5
This is funny. So Mark is the counter to Tony then and pumps the kids from north of Milwaukee? On to the original matter at hand, Carlin is a very talented player. To say he is the best PG in the class is a bit much. Wish him the best....
The Game doesn't owe you anything, you owe the the game

Respect IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
faststew
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:56:51 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
High Fives: 201
High Fived: 120
Yea bronson has been seen statewide, and it seems like they are 2 different players but rite now you cant make that statement without getting some guff! We shall see by senior year where they are at! Overall i think bronsons hard to touch but carlin is very athletic from video i saw? Good luck to both in the future anyways!
"2012 HS Football Pick'em Champ"
"To give anything less than your all is a failure"
ETHS-7 time defending conference champs
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
crusader5
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:11:07 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fived: 4
Carlin is class of 2013 and I think its safe to say he's a solid 6'2", no taller then that. Trust me, I know. He has come a long way. Can't believe he's getting pub like this now though, lol.
jdel21
#13 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 5:27:22 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
That is a stupid post Koenig is way better
1 user high fived
faststew on 7/9/2011(UTC)
faststew
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2011 2:14:42 PM(UTC)

All Conference
jdel21 wrote:
That is a stupid post Koenig is way better

Yea your rite, id rather have him running the floor at point than carlin. Carlins athleticism mite be a tad better but, overall bronson is a solid d1 point guard. 16 years old and has wisconsin, kansas and north carolina banging at his door? Saying carlin is better was a ridiculous statement, but the kid does have talent and wish them best of luck. Acedemics are #1 and its great alotta wisconsin kids are getting scholarships.Wi hasnt always been known for producing great basketball players, but producing big corn fed o-lineman haha! Hope theese kids continue there ways, as it would be great watching them on tv in the big ten,big east, or wherever they end up?Hope not the acc, they already got one of our states best! Keep working hard!
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
faststew
#15 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 11:17:40 AM(UTC)

All Conference
Ummm, carlin dupree didnt make Mark Millers top 50? So the videos i saw was career highlights, or bs, or Mark didnt see him play? Maybe he transferred to school outta state or something, because he seemed talented from the videos i saw? Ah well?
State? 2013 or bust!
citytruth
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2011 9:41:46 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
I am a bit stunned as well. Various D1 coaches have caught him this summer and are all planning to come and see open gyms. Several people around the city, including Hines from Homestead thought he may be the best player in the city conference, and a hands down D1 guy. So not to make the top 50 or even "other" is interesesting, leaving it said that Mark may not have seen him. I guess, in time he will receive the accolades, but refer to the first post, he doesn't have the system behind him to promote him, but he will be at the Showcase in the Dells and the Breakfast of Champions League at MSOE. Come check him out Stewy!
citytruth
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 12:23:05 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
We will find out in 20 min. Carlin and Bronson play against each other next in the Dells.
faststew
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 12:38:34 PM(UTC)

All Conference
Citytruth wrote:
We will find out in 20 min. Carlin and Bronson play against each other next in the Dells.

Nice, keep wsn updated!
State? 2013 or bust!
citytruth
#19 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 12:40:37 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
I guess not. Koenigs team was knocked out.
crapshot
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:23:27 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 4
High Fived: 0
Waiting on the write ups with evals
lilsnacks
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:35:21 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 4
High Fived: 5
He went to Wisco with his cousin and got kicked out...... i saw him in the summer at homestead he is absolutely amazing..... Wilson is Surely the best 2013 player in wisconsin period(excluding Burton of course) He is offensively unstoppable even when playing up... athletice.... defensive stopper.... true point guard... composed... takes care of the ball..... he will hit the three in your face then dunk on you the next play
1 user high fived
citytruth on 9/26/2011(UTC)
citytruth
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:34:58 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
At the NY2LA last weekend Carlin Dupree and Duane Wilson went head to head. Some observations from the stands: Duane's body strength and ability to finish above the rim is an advantage as well as perimeter consistancy. Seeing the floor in transition and being able to see the entire court was advantage to Carlin (he dropped some jaw dropping dimes to Abe from HC). Carlin's length was an advantage in rebounding and in matching up defensively he was able to contain Duane from penetration, but when Duane had a tiny opening from a screen Carlin didn't fight over it and Duane buried the shot. Clearly, Duane has the people, the right attitude, and he has the talent to market his skills, but to see these two points battle, its clear that both will make exceptional impacts on a D1 level. The game result, a glorified pick up game went to Carlin's team, but he also had a kid, not sure if you heard of him, KEVON LOONEY? on his team to help.

If people want to see some talented players go after it, then MSOE around 11 am. Its the last week of NY2LA before kids buy into their varsity teams!

Notable matchups: Bay View vs Depere Dec 9th, Bay View vs Menonomee Falls: Valentines Day

faststew
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:54:34 PM(UTC)

All Conference
Citytruth wrote:
At the NY2LA last weekend Carlin Dupree and Duane Wilson went head to head. Some observations from the stands: Duane's body strength and ability to finish above the rim is an advantage as well as perimeter consistancy. Seeing the floor in transition and being able to see the entire court was advantage to Carlin (he dropped some jaw dropping dimes to Abe from HC). Carlin's length was an advantage in rebounding and in matching up defensively he was able to contain Duane from penetration, but when Duane had a tiny opening from a screen Carlin didn't fight over it and Duane buried the shot. Clearly, Duane has the people, the right attitude, and he has the talent to market his skills, but to see these two points battle, its clear that both will make exceptional impacts on a D1 level. The game result, a glorified pick up game went to Carlin's team, but he also had a kid, not sure if you heard of him, KEVON LOONEY? on his team to help.

If people want to see some talented players go after it, then MSOE around 11 am. Its the last week of NY2LA before kids buy into their varsity teams!

Notable matchups: Bay View vs Depere Dec 9th, Bay View vs Menonomee Falls: Valentines Day

If the kids mentioned standout as much as you say, why arent there big schools after them especially when they played AAU. Yea i think we all heard of Kevon Looney, hes the highest ranked sophmore in the state, i think playing for Hamilton. Why isnt Marquette trying to get Duane or Carlin? No scholarships or looking for big guys? Their stock will rise, if their respected teams do well and they show leadership. I saw Duane play as a freshman and he looked really good, and will see him play later this year. Carlin i probly wont have a chance but, seen video,good luck to them. I still would want Bronson Koening to be my point guard. His passing ability and floor leadership are exceptional. Seems like his basketball IQ is beyond his years, im not taking anything away from Carlin or Duane, i would love them guys on my team as well! Especially if i needed scoring point guards, its just whatever fits in a certain program i guess.
State? 2013 or bust!
faststew
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:04:59 PM(UTC)

All Conference
Lil_snacks wrote:
He went to Wisco with his cousin and got kicked out...... i saw him in the summer at homestead he is absolutely amazing..... Wilson is Surely the best 2013 player in wisconsin period(excluding Burton of course) He is offensively unstoppable even when playing up... athletice.... defensive stopper.... true point guard... composed... takes care of the ball..... he will hit the three in your face then dunk on you the next play

Theres alot of guards in the 2013 class that can do the same thing! Do it consistently in a regular season, against quality opponents. It makes a difference if its a pick up game or regular season game. Theres more coaching, and the defense will throw traps or double teams,zones ect to stop a player. Wait till the regular season starts, and i think you will see alot of kids take off due to maturing!
State? 2013 or bust!
citytruth
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:39:16 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
I believe that the kevon looney mention was a bit tongue and cheek. However, Duane is being recruited heavily and received a couple offers over the last weeks few weeks from d1 schools. My original post and message was that Carlin has the talent as the top players but really lacked the people or marketing to expose him. He has been in the ny2la and wish oops showcase trying to attack the best players. With that, Carlin has several d1 programs Contacting him and coming in to view open gyms. Slowly but surely, and surely next year at this time the state of Wisconsins 2013 class may be discussed as the best ever being carried by those 3 points, and in my opinion watching Them all Carlin may have the best set of skills.