skip navigation

Player rankings
mavericks123
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 4:03:57 PM(UTC)
WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 10
A lot of good summer basketball with AAU and summer leagues across the state. The updated player rankings in August should be interesting. Saw a lot of basketball thus far this summer and more to follow.

Seniors:

Wally Ellenson Rice Lake: He may have a chance to crack the top five by the end of the summer. Great play in Minnesota and other events.

Greg Steffens: Waterford shooting guard. Three-year varsity player. Should crack the other top 50 seniors. Athletic and can go strong to the basket. Has improved his perimeter range and shot.

Top 25 sophomores:

DeAngelo Jackson 6-2 Guard/Forward Racine Case

UW-Parkside coach said who is this kid. Thinks he is college ready right now because of his court awareness with the basketball. Finishes strong in the lane with either hand and rebounds well on the defensive end of the floor. Needs work on his perimeter jay.

Top 25 freshmen possibilities:

Darion King 6-5 Racine Case
Joe Binyoti 6-1 Homestead
Duke Vander Galien Randolph
Cody Schwartz 6-6 West DePere
Diamond Stone 6-8 Whitefish Bay Dom.
Darold Thomas LaFollette
Tyrese Pinson 5-7 Racine Case
Branden Key 5-11 Milwaukee Hamilton
Karim Cole 5-8 Martin Luther
Tywon Bressler 6-0 Martin Luther
1 user high fived
lonewolf1 on 2/28/2012(UTC)
Sponsor  

jdub030
#2 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 11:24:55 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 1
High Fived: 9
25 Freshman no question Henry ellenson is top 10, but rankings are rankings, yes they help a lot for first looks or exposure, but I like how it fuels kids that sometimes aren't ranked to get better. Players should remember to use these rankings as way to strive to get better, not to either hate a player because they are ranked, or think they are better because they are ranked. Which I see and hear from alot of kids when the rankings come out. instead of talking about rankings prove the people the did the rankings wrong or correct on the court.
2 users high fived
faststew on 8/3/2011(UTC), micheal1 on 8/14/2011(UTC)
lilsnacks
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 8:58:36 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 4
High Fived: 5
Keenan Bell 6'1 PG/SG....... played for DTA/Spartans... explosive guard scores at will.... great offensively unstoppable at times... varsity starter as a freshman... Class of 2015... he will absolutely destroy tywon bressler.... he can compete with any guard in the state...
bluesnaketb
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:25:16 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 0
Keenan is not 6'1 and is talented but does not have half the talent and bball I.Q. as Tywon Bressler Jr. Keenan does not play much and I have personally seen Bressler destroy Heritage Christian this year. On another note Tywon's coach told me he is only 14 years old and Keenan and most of those others top freshman are 15 or 16 yrs old.
bluesnaketb
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:31:26 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 0
Lil_snacks wrote:
Keenan Bell 6'1 PG/SG....... played for DTA/Spartans... explosive guard scores at will.... great offensively unstoppable at times... varsity starter as a freshman... Class of 2015... he will absolutely destroy tywon bressler.... he can compete with any guard in the state...

I have seen both Tywon Bressler and Keenan Bell. Keenan is a physically stronger player because he is almost 16, whereas Tywon is still only 14 but Tywon has far superior skill. Tywon's bball I.Q. and all around game is crazy. I saw him put up 22 pts vs Heritage Christian and made it look effortless. He will be a top 5 kids by his JR year. You heard it here first!
lonewolf1
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:53:01 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 1
Mavericks wrote:
A lot of good summer basketball with AAU and summer leagues across the state. The updated player rankings in August should be interesting. Saw a lot of basketball thus far this summer and more to follow.

Seniors:

Wally Ellenson Rice Lake: He may have a chance to crack the top five by the end of the summer. Great play in Minnesota and other events.

Greg Steffens: Waterford shooting guard. Three-year varsity player. Should crack the other top 50 seniors. Athletic and can go strong to the basket. Has improved his perimeter range and shot.

Top 25 sophomores:

DeAngelo Jackson 6-2 Guard/Forward Racine Case

UW-Parkside coach said who is this kid. Thinks he is college ready right now because of his court awareness with the basketball. Finishes strong in the lane with either hand and rebounds well on the defensive end of the floor. Needs work on his perimeter jay.

Top 25 freshmen possibilities:

Darion King 6-5 Racine Case
Joe Binyoti 6-1 Homestead
Duke Vander Galien Randolph
Cody Schwartz 6-6 West DePere
Diamond Stone 6-8 Whitefish Bay Dom.
Darold Thomas LaFollette
Tyrese Pinson 5-7 Racine Case
Branden Key 5-11 Milwaukee Hamilton
Karim Cole 5-8 Martin Luther
Tywon Bressler 6-0 Martin Luther

As far as seniors go, I think Dekker showed this yr that he has to be the top senior in the state. 58 points WOW!! As I reading some other blogs I also noticed that he got quite a bit McDonalds All-American talk too... some of the top writers actually thought he got snubbed.. so hat's off to him.

Juniors- DUANE WILSON! This kid is awesome. There are times when he actually looks unstoppable. I like Koenig as well, but I think and Deontae Burton should probably be considered the 2 top players in that class.

Sophmores- Not all familiar with this class statewide, but I really like Riley LaChance and Kevon Looney. Jerelly DeBerry is also really good. I noticed that you mentioned DeAngelo Jackson and I also like his game. He's big and he's probably the best passer in his class. I wish he wasn't always trying to make the "cool" play and make the easy play.

Freshmen- I mean how can you not say Diamond Stone? That kid has a chance to be special the 3 yrs of high school, the next level, and the next. He's the type of big that doesn't come around often. Henry Ellenson, Cody Schwartz and the Pritzl kid are probably the 3 top players up north, followed by Matt Heldt of Appleton. The southern part of the state however is absolutely LOADED! You have Diamond Stone, Darion King, Brandon Key, Joe Binyoti, Andre Carroll, Levi Bradley, Karim Cole, Tyrese Pinson, Malik Brown, Andrew Davis, TreAntae Mason, Romeo Bouie. I mean I could go all day. This freshmen class is phenomenal. Another freshman who I don't think gets enough press is that Dee Woods kids from Racine Horlick. IMO he might be the BEST shooter in this class...
lonewolf1
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:58:24 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
bluesnaketb wrote:
Keenan is not 6'1 and is talented but does not have half the talent and bball I.Q. as Tywon Bressler Jr. Keenan does not play much and I have personally seen Bressler destroy Heritage Christian this year. On another note Tywon's coach told me he is only 14 years old and Keenan and most of those others top freshman are 15 or 16 yrs old.

Both players are very good. I think Keenan is a little more athletic and a little stronger, but Tywon is one definately one of the top 5 to 7 pgs in this class (Key, Binyoti, Pritzl,Pinson all may be a little better). Definately don't think you could go wrong either way. Also, I doubt if Tywon's age has anything to do with anything. He's in right grade so he should be fine.
lilsnacks
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 2:00:14 PM(UTC)
Varsity
Keenan Bell is 15 years old and is in his correct grade..... I dont think you should judge just because of facial hair and what you THINK..... His IQ and matureness(Spell Check) of his game will grow with age and experience... He sat the bench for a wonderful Milwaukee Vincent team as a freshman and no JV... He played a quater of the game for a terrific team..... HE is going to be a fantastic basketball player
lonewolf1
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 8:41:21 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
Lil_snacks wrote:
Keenan Bell is 15 years old and is in his correct grade..... I dont think you should judge just because of facial hair and what you THINK..... His IQ and matureness(Spell Check) of his game will grow with age and experience... He sat the bench for a wonderful Milwaukee Vincent team as a freshman and no JV... He played a quater of the game for a terrific team..... HE is going to be a fantastic basketball player

I agree with you. I think Keenan has the potential to be a very good player. He could probably use some work on his defense, and sometimes it looks like he's not giving 100% if he's not scoring the ball. But indeed a special talent.
lilsnacks
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:11:20 AM(UTC)
Varsity
I agree but it seems to me that he sees success in hardwork from Deonte and is becoming more committed