skip navigation

8 Pages<12345>»
Coaching Changes 2011-12
aloveforfootball12
#51 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 5:42:41 PM(UTC)
WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
High Fives: 52
High Fived: 132
Bucky17 wrote:
Fondy is going to need a big name or a more prestigious assistant coach from a winning tradition to come in if they have any chance to get program back to where coach Dressler had it prior to the Koz and Lehman era's.

Having been around the program for a long time (since I have moved on but still follow) its clear that the program will not be able to be rebuilt without a Jorgy type coach who can get everyone (players, school members, and parents) to buy into the new program and restoring winning tradition. Lehman just was unable to get the program to support and buy in the way it needed to. Part was do to the massive damage left behind by Koz (flipped program upside down). Other part was the limited track record of Lehman (only head coach experience was 2 years rebooting North Fond du Lac program after one year shut down).

Its a top notch gig to land plus is in possibly the top conference in the state. Has an elite youth program (7-12 different story). Just need to be a powerful figure with the ability to grab bull by the horns and get community back into believing in Fondy Football. If not, your finished before you even start.

Fondy is a sleeping giant. Get the right coach in there and he has the student body numbers to develop winners.
I love football. My twitter account: https://twitter.com/wifootballfan
ships94
#52 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:04:46 AM(UTC)

Junior Varsity
High Fives: 4
High Fived: 9
Unless you are the booster clubs pet you will never be successful in Fondy. They have the HR director in their pocket and the admins by the short and curlys. Any group that makes 30K+ a year has the power. If I remember correctly Koz took that group and did turn in upside down and took them to the 3rd round in his first year. A place Dressler only managed to go once. Lehman took the best talent Fondy has seen in 15 years and managed to get to the 2nd round.

The past two years they have not had the talent, at least according to the coaches in the FVA/VFA that I have talked to.

The youth program is good. But the MS program is horrible. Most kids think it is a step back from youth and as a result they lose kids.

A big name coach would generate interest, but the problem with that is you need to give a guy like that 2 things: Power and assistant coaches. Something they did not give to Koz or Lehman. That's why Jorgy turned them down when they courted him before he took the Kimberly job. He wanted his assistants to come with him. Fondy said no, Kimberly said yes. Look who has the trophies in the case.

Fondy is not a good job. The power structure is set up to please old men and parents who need their ego stroked not to develop young men.
hueby
#53 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:11:13 AM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 54
High Fived: 55
Ships94 wrote:
...The past two years they have not had the talent, at least according to the coaches in the FVA/VFA that I have talked to.

The youth program is good. But the MS program is horrible. Most kids think it is a step back from youth and as a result they lose kids...

When this current senior class were JV's I did watch them scrimmage with Ashwaubenon and Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln. I was a little surprised by the Fondy numbers...however...the other 2 teams appeared to have lower than normal numbers too.

The numbers in these programs were in the mid to upper 20's from what I remember. Just stating I was a little surprised of the drop in the numbers in these proud football schools.

Hopefully there are signs of recovery.

Anyone have any word of how Marinette's coaching search is coming? I know right across the river in Menominee there were outstanding assistant coaches waiting for their opportunity.
antigravity
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:33:56 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 4
Ships94 wrote:
Unless you are the booster clubs pet you will never be successful in Fondy. They have the HR director in their pocket and the admins by the short and curlys. Any group that makes 30K+ a year has the power. If I remember correctly Koz took that group and did turn in upside down and took them to the 3rd round in his first year. A place Dressler only managed to go once. Lehman took the best talent Fondy has seen in 15 years and managed to get to the 2nd round.

The past two years they have not had the talent, at least according to the coaches in the FVA/VFA that I have talked to.

The youth program is good. But the MS program is horrible. Most kids think it is a step back from youth and as a result they lose kids.

A big name coach would generate interest, but the problem with that is you need to give a guy like that 2 things: Power and assistant coaches. Something they did not give to Koz or Lehman. That's why Jorgy turned them down when they courted him before he took the Kimberly job. He wanted his assistants to come with him. Fondy said no, Kimberly said yes. Look who has the trophies in the case.

Fondy is not a good job. The power structure is set up to please old men and parents who need their ego stroked not to develop young men.

Unfortunately, there are probably a lot of high school programs across the state with the same type of problem (a certain school in West Allis comes to mind). The booster clubs and/or parents think they should be the ones running the program, when really it should be the head coach and his assistants. These are the same people who bad mouth the coach behind his back, rather than supporting him and giving him the tools he needs to be successful. You'll never see these people applying for a head coaching job, though.
gemigj
#55 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 2:54:14 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 0
According to the Kenosha News, Jed Kennedy is leaving Bradford to coach at Pulaski.

http://www.kenoshanews.c...snow/newsnow.php#1536547
db11
#56 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 2:57:25 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
gemigj wrote:
According to the Kenosha News, Jed Kennedy is leaving Bradford to coach at Pulaski.

A mild surprise, but with Indian Trail coming in, Kenosha's athletes will now be split three ways. At Pulaski, Kennedy will have no direct competition for players.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is almost here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
gopack1
#57 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 2:59:56 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 9
High Fived: 7
Confirmed in the Green Bay paper:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com
on the front page of the site...link was too long to paste.

This could shake up the FRCC. Pulaski was already competitive, so it'll be interesting to see if Kennedy can take them to the next level.
iwishiwasaballer
#58 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 3:32:52 PM(UTC)

All Conference
High Fives: 167
High Fived: 528
gopack1 wrote:
Confirmed in the Green Bay paper:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com
on the front page of the site...link was too long to paste.

This could shake up the FRCC. Pulaski was already competitive, so it'll be interesting to see if Kennedy can take them to the next level.

heres the link to the article for people who dont feel like searching for it
just a someone who loves sports
i do what i can to eliminate missing scores/stats/rosters
feel free to follow me
wr88
#59 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 3:53:17 PM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 70
High Fived: 161
I understand that former SPASH coach, Pete McAdams, is returning as the head coach for the Panthers. When I find it at a legit news site, I will post it.

Link
A Playoff will not be any more fair than the BCS.
No matter what happens, Favre > Rodgers.
St. Louis Cardinals = Class of MLB.
Carlos Gomez is the new Nyjer Morgan.....
Twitter
aloveforfootball12
#60 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 6:35:56 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 52
High Fived: 132
gemigj wrote:

Interesting. Pulaski is a D2 school so that will add depth for quality coaches to that division.
I love football. My twitter account: https://twitter.com/wifootballfan
formerwiacbaseballer
#61 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 7:01:13 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 308
High Fived: 669
Former Shiocton standout and NFL linebacker Clint Kriewaldt named head coach at Freedom High School.

http://www.postcrescent....edom-head-football-coach
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

"There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
ships94
#62 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 10:08:03 AM(UTC)

Junior Varsity
High Fives: 4
High Fived: 9
So what jobs are left open?

Bradford now.
Fondy
Sauk Prairie
Marinette
West Bend East

Any others I missed?
yarby03
#63 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 8:45:56 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
Pewaukee is still open, I think
travis12
#64 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 4:15:39 PM(UTC)

WSN Admin
High Fives: 668
High Fived: 397
Here's what I've got:

School: Former Coach -- New Coach
Antigo: Jon Lund -- ???
Bay Port: Mike Williquette -- Gary Westerman
Brookfield Academy: Dan Lutz -- ???
Fond du Lac: Nate Lehman -- ???
Freedom: Jason Bins -- Clint Kriewaldt
Kenosha Bradford: Jed Kennedy -- ???
Marinette: Kurt Gundlach -- ???
McDonell Central: Todd Brown -- ???
Mukwonago: Bill Schulte -- Clay Iverson
Pewaukee: Clay Iverson -- ???
Port Washington: Tim Greisch -- ???
Pulaski: Gary Westerman -- Jed Kennedy
Racine Case: Gregg Brenner -- Mike DuFrane
Randolph: Pat Winch -- Pete Woreck
Saint Mary Central: Darrin Kuehn & Jeff Brightwell -- Jeff Brightwell
Sauk Prairie: Tom Horne -- ???
Sparta: Mark Byom -- ???
Stevens Point: Scott Rice -- Pete McAdams
West Allis Hale: Sean Hegarty -- Brandon Ehret
West Bend East: Tony Michels -- ???
Williams Bay: Bud Breen -- ???
Brock Michael Wilson -- 6/30/2011; 9 lbs, 13 oz & 21 in

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN

#DBWH
intheknow
#65 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 7:50:50 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 10
High Fived: 18
travis wrote:
Here's what I've got:

Whitnall? Stay tuned
travis12
#66 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:46:36 PM(UTC)

WSN Admin
Jon Kahle is the new coach at Brookfield Academy.

#DBWH
piratepete54
#67 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 3:28:14 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 3
travis wrote:
Here's what I've got:

DuFrane is rumored to have moved on to a college position. That would leave the Case job open once again.
Seadog08_old
#68 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 1:18:46 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 1
Whitnall is open
coach72
#69 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:47:10 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
Details? This is a surprising one.
ripper12
#70 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:18:05 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 7
High Fived: 3
Isn't Waukesha North due to open up?
1 user high fived
jkarweik on 2/26/2012(UTC)
seminoles12
#71 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 9:50:50 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 1
Westfalls wrote:
Mick Jagger wrote:
football_fan wrote:
Mick I think you are correct. McAdams put his cart in front of his horse last year saying he was resigning and moving on to bigger and better things before actually lining those things up. By staying at SPASH he put Coach Rice in a lose-lose situation especially by making his presence felt in the weight room and continuing to communicate with staff holdovers on how he'd be doing things differently and causing dissention amongst the ranks this past season. McAdams now realizes he was in a good situation and should have never resigned in the first place.

I've heard some of the same sort of things. Not very classy by McAdams ... but that's consistent with how he's handled himself in the past, lots of ego in play here ...

All of that may be correct, but there were some things that Coach Rice was said to have done that also lead to this. I was told by a source of mine that there were three things that had nothing to do with McAdams that lead to the resignation/firing of Coach Rice.

Those first two quotes are correct about the situation. Rice was never given a true opportunity to succeed. The three things that fired him comment is kind of funny. There were some things which didn't go well but none of them would've led to a "Resignation." The one thing that got him was that the AD and McAdams are good friends and McAdams basically told her he wanted his job back. I don't think Rice would have HAD to "resign" if McAdams was out of the situation. Lets not forget they were 4-5 after a year in which they lost virtually every starter from the year before so its not like Rice came in and ran it to the ground. Plenty going on at SPASH to make you wonder who really runs the show. Interesting thing to see will be if the coaches who were not going to come back will now return with McAdams back.
pacfan
#72 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:22:04 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 7
High Fived: 3
Lots of parent issues with Spash, makes it hard for coaches their first year when people think just because they they are on the YAF board that their freshman or sophomore should be on varsity. Parents just need to sit in the stands and let the coaches coach, actually the kids will learn so many more life lessons and what it takes to work hard than when the parents want to do everything, and think they can pull strings for playing time. Hopefully the time away for McAdams has solidified that for him, and winning is the quickest way to keep parents quiet who don't understand the big picture. Kids who want to compete will, and in a school the size of Spash you don't have to look very far to find a kid that can step up. So why deal with these Youth coaches who think they know the game better than these seasoned HS coaches and think because they volunteer on this board that they have the coaches ear. Pete McAdams can put a winning team on the field with some new assistants with out all the input from the peanut gallery.
travis12
#73 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:44:16 PM(UTC)

WSN Admin
Derek Diehl is the new coach at Williams Bay.

#DBWH
afan1
#74 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:16:03 AM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 398
High Fived: 404
Grantsburg High School football coach Keith Lehne has resigned after 17 years.
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
travis12
#75 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:29:03 PM(UTC)

WSN Admin
Neillsville's Troy Breitlow was non-renewed and former longtime baseball coach John O'Leary was hired as the head football coach.

#DBWH