WI Playground 1 1 %
WI Starz 3 5 %
WI playmakers 9 15 %
WI playground Elite 1 1 %
WI Shooters 1 1 %
Total 60 100%

2012 Wisconsin AAU 16U Teams
spbb
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2012 12:43:06 PM(UTC)
WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 6
High Fived: 5
Just for fun!!

Who do you think is the top AAU 16U team going into 2012 season and why
Sponsor  

spwarrior
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:25:45 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 2
The Wisconsin Blaze will have a very strong 16u team as well with the additions of Sandy Cohen and Dakota Oskey from Seymour. They will team up with Luke Zuiker, Will Cox and company to form a very strong team in the state at 16u, but we don't need to be listed on this list, we are just gonna come out and earn the respect of those in this state
dhazan
#3 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 2:23:29 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 1
Assuming they have their squad back in full, Ray Allen Select is my choice.
lonewolf1
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:16:48 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 1
spbb wrote:
Just for fun!!

Based off of the teams on the list I'll take Ray Allen.

What about Milwaukee Runnin Rebels (Looney, Burrell, Key) very good team and should probably be on the poll.

Also, the Racine ICE is another team that doesn't get much credit or the Racine Warriors. The ICE have Bouie, and DeAngelo Jackson. The Warriors have David Clark, Malik House, Danny Mosley and Travon Bunch. Very solid team.
headscholar
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 10:07:33 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 0
Guessing everyone forgets about the Scholars. Scholars lost in the semifinals to Ray Allen at the NY2LA Invitational in May last year. They lost to Ray Allen in the championship of the July Next Level Invitational in the Championship. Finally, they lost to Ray Allen in the finals of the NY2LA Summer Jam a week later. Total of 6 loses last year. Three were against Ray Allen.
jdub030
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 6:10:45 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 9
Ray Allen is a solid core huge chemistry can space the floor play smart and hard. although they've always played zone for the most part, IMO which is only an Opinion coaches don't want to watch players use a run n jump and zone defense they want to see players defend, on-ball and off. (this is not a knock on Ray Allen I see them as the strongest team in WI)

Running Rebels I assume again will be all playing U17 and I don't see a reason why the wouldn't they always get 2-3 kids to reclassify for the U17 age group as the exception rule.

Blizzard Reader- is a solid team like Ray Allen good chemistry, more athletic but not as deep off the bench.

Scholars- have one hell of a player in Monte' Bearden, at 5'7 on a good day 5'9 he does it all Love his heart and desire.

Playground Elite-good athletes look to push and fast tempo style. they cant shoot but can get after you with the run n jump aggressive defenses that really get in the kids shorts.

Blaze-solid core probably have the best 3/4s Zuiker, Cohen, Volkman, Oskey (argue that he is a 2 guard)

WI Swing-They've been big in the past great coaching, shaky at the guard positions. have a good feel, and a better chemistry from being together for 5 years.

WI Playmakers-have some length and size OK athletes but have been known to settle for the jumper, all their players had strong sophomore seasons hope for it to transition into the summer.

Shooters-don't know much about

Randolph-they play hard run the 5-out, and picket fence sets for the shooters.

Starz-don't know anything about

DTA/Milwaukee Spartans-I think used to be called D-Wade all-stars???

WI Playground Warriors-No Team

Madison Spartans-Don't know if they have a team
1 user high fived
johnwall1 on 3/20/2012(UTC)
treys4dayss
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 12:08:59 PM(UTC)
Varsity
Ive heard rumors surrounding Ray Allen Select and some players leaving. Anyone know if its true, if so where they went? Any of the ranked players switch teams?
Bring Back Ray Allen...
otiswoods
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 4:47:36 PM(UTC)

Junior Varsity
High Fives: 2
I wish Madison Spartans 16U were on the list but I'm not sure if they have a team. If they do, the frontline could be decent at 6'7 (Larsen), 6'5 (Neal) and 6'3 (Clements); guards McFadden (6') and Woods (5'9). Based on last years successes and where these guys played on their high school teams, there is enough talent to challenge the big boys.
tray33
#9 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 9:15:31 AM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
lonewolf wrote:
spbb wrote:
Just for fun!!

What about Milwaukee Runnin Rebels (Looney, Burrell, Key) very good team and should probably be on the poll.

Also, the Racine ICE is another team that doesn't get much credit or the Racine Warriors. The ICE have Bouie, and DeAngelo Jackson. The Warriors have David Clark, Malik House, Danny Mosley and Travon Bunch. Very solid team.

Bunch doesn't play with The Warriors he play with the ICE along with Bouie and Jackson
lonewolf1
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:17:34 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
tray33 wrote:
lonewolf wrote:
spbb wrote:
Just for fun!!

Bunch doesn't play with The Warriors he play with the ICE along with Bouie and Jackson

Actually I heard recently that all 3 of them are playing with the Milwaukee Runnin Rebels, so we might both be wrong.
1 user high fived
tray33 on 3/29/2012(UTC)
wijets
#11 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 6:39:24 AM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 3
High Fived: 11
Shameless plug here, I coach the Wisconsin Jets. Just letting everybody who reads this know about our team. First off the website is wisjets.com. For the sophomores we have not got there yet, but will upload highlight video's for all our players. Our schedule is also up there as well.

Second, our 16U team should be solid. Some of the players people might be familiar with who are playing for us:

5' 10 Tyler Zastrow (Sheb. Lutheran) 15 ppg 3 apg
6'0 Jerad Wagner (Chilton) 7 ppg 3 apg
6'1 Cam Ward (Marshall) 23 ppg 4 apg (playing for Randolph as well)
6'2 Jacob Growel (Badger) 14 ppg 4 rpg 3 apg
6'2 Michael Woggon (Holmen) 10 ppg 4 rpg
6'2 Ryan Wesely (Holmen) 10 ppg 4 apg
6'2 Max Tramburg (Fall River) 12 ppg 3 rpg
6'3 Forrest Fenlon (Valders)5 ppg 3 rpg
6'5 Tyler Lindquist (Madison Memorial) 5 ppg 3 rpg
6'5 Jacob Winkel (Kiel) 11 ppg 8 rpg 2 bpg

1 user high fived
randywagner on 4/5/2012(UTC)
bluesnaketb
#12 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 12:39:41 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
I hear Diamond Stone father's team is playing 16U all season as well. Rumor is they have Diamond Stone, Joseph Binyoti, Tywon Bressler Jr, Jaylen Keys, Curtis Weathers, Djdadi Denson, and others.... I guess we will all see at NY2LA's Swiss n Dish next week....
lonewolf1
#13 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 2:17:44 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
bluesnaketb wrote:
I hear Diamond Stone father's team is playing 16U all season as well. Rumor is they have Diamond Stone, Joseph Binyoti, Tywon Bressler Jr, Jaylen Keys, Curtis Weathers, Djdadi Denson, and others.... I guess we will all see at NY2LA's Swiss n Dish next week....

Rumor? Aren't you Tywon's dad?
madcityspecial42
#14 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 10:50:26 PM(UTC)

All Conference
High Fived: 2
Ray Allen would be my choice. It will be interesting to see who plays with who in the MKE area. Madison wise I believe NESYB and the spartans have combined teams somewhat and will have a decent squad for 16u led by andre neal of beloit memorial and malik clements of mad. west. The Academy will probably be somewhat competitive as well. The WI stars is a team that could surprise some people, they made some key pickups going into the season and have IMO some underrated talent in the area. The swing will no doubt be well coached and very competitive, but could have some key players playing up with the 17u.
gr1d3r
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:42:44 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 5
lonewolf wrote:
tray33 wrote:
lonewolf wrote:
spbb wrote:
Just for fun!!

Actually I heard recently that all 3 of them are playing with the Milwaukee Runnin Rebels, so we might both be wrong.

Bouie and Bunch were playing with the Ice at a tournament this past weekend at Racine Park. Didn't get to stay for the final, but it looked like the Warriors were probably going to play the Ice (winners of pool A & B). The Warriors had a guard knicknamed Oso?, about 5'9"ish and very quick. Our Gators couldn't contain him in the open court. Anyone know who he is (#8 with dreads).
lonewolf1
#16 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:30:35 AM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
gr1d3r wrote:
lonewolf wrote:
tray33 wrote:
lonewolf wrote:
spbb wrote:
Just for fun!!

Bouie and Bunch were playing with the Ice at a tournament this past weekend at Racine Park. Didn't get to stay for the final, but it looked like the Warriors were probably going to play the Ice (winners of pool A & B). The Warriors had a guard knicknamed Oso?, about 5'9"ish and very quick. Our Gators couldn't contain him in the open court. Anyone know who he is (#8 with dreads).

I wasn't there, but I went to 1 or 2 Racine Case games this year and I believe you're talking about Malik House. Very good player indeed.
gr1d3r
#17 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:02:15 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 5
lonewolf wrote:
gr1d3r wrote:
lonewolf wrote:
tray33 wrote:
lonewolf wrote:
spbb wrote:
Just for fun!!

I wasn't there, but I went to 1 or 2 Racine Case games this year and I believe you're talking about Malik House. Very good player indeed.

Thanks, that is House, his picture is in the Wishoops database.
otiswoods
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:49:47 AM(UTC)

Junior Varsity
High Fives: 2
At the NY2LA tournament this week, the combined Spartans and NESYB did look very good. They finished 2nd in the Elite Division losing to DT Wilddcats in the championship game, whom they defeated earlier in the tournament. They have size, speed and quickness; in short, it will be a versatile team going forward.