skip navigation

7 Pages«<567
3-8 scores
db11
#151 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 12:39:33 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
CarpeDiem32 wrote:
DB wrote:
amped0808 wrote:
Milwaukee King 75
West Allis Central 71

Final

What a game. It was easy to get walk-up tickets, but by tip the gym was definitely near it's capacity (3,600).

Very even first half. Early in the 3rd quarter, however, WAC PG Jarvis Garrett picked up his fourth foul. The Bulldogs valiantly responded by jumping out to a 51-44 lead behind the inspired play of Darvell Brown. However, both Najeal McMillian (fouls) and Tonnie Collier (cramps) also headed to the bench and despite holding on for a little bit, what was essentially WAC's second-string caved in and King went on a 14-0 to turn the tide and end the quarter.

WAC battled back in the fourth and was able to get the lead to 2 in the final minute, but Austin Malone-Mitchell made his FTs and King hung on for victory.

Lot of tough calls in this one, particularly where charge/blocks were concerned (Garrett's last two fouls were bang-bang)...too much sliding under by King was overlooked, IM(not so biased)O, it also appeared that King was allowed to be more physical. I kind of expected this though, just wish officials wouldn't kow-tow to the more prestigious coach (such as getting them to change a foul more than a minute of game-time after the fact, and not-so-coincidentally getting that foul charged to a star player; or blowing the whistle more when standing in front of Gosz).

Also, I'd heard about WAC's substituion patterns this year, and I now see why my sources complained about them so much.

I will say, both teams played their butts off (especially Darvell Brown, he left it all out there) and it was a great game. Would have enjoyed it more if my side would have won though.

One final note, what was the WAC event staff thinking not moving the King fans from WAC's side to the side of the gym they should be on? Talk about dropping the ball.

King 16 21 21 17 - 75
WAC 12 24 15 20 - 71

King: Austin Malone-Mitchell 3 8-11 15, Dominique Borom 2 0-0 5, Nic Stokes 4 0-2 12, Jihad Jackson 0 2-2 2, Jamell Posey 3 0-0 6, Anthony Hatfield 3 0-0 8, Chris Stovall 2 2-4 6, Arroyo Edwards 2 3-6 7, Montrell Hobbs 5 4-6 14. 3-Pt. FGs: 8 (Stokes 4, Hatfield 2, Borom 1, Malone-Mitchell 1)

WAC: Jarvis Garrett 6 3-3 15, Tonnie Collier 3 4-6 10, Ron Turkvan 1 1-2 3, Ezekiel Martin 1 2-2 5, Darvell Brown 7 2-3 20, Brandon Key 1 0-0 2, Najeal McMillian 8 0-0 16, Demetrius James 0 0-1 0. 3-Pt. FGs: 5 (Brown 4, Martin 1).

There were tough calls on both teams. You mention the charges. What about the touch over the back calls on King's Chris Howell in the first half and on Chris Stovall in the 4th quarter??? Not to mention there is no way possible that Malone-Mitchell at maybe 150 pounds can run over Darvell (who has a nice physic for a high school kid) and get a charge called on him. WAC issues with the charges were they were constantly leaving their feet once they got into the lane. King knew that coming into the game and took the appropriate charges as such.

As far as the foul. #34 was would committed that foul but the refs gave it to Branden Key #24, so why do you have an issue with Gosz pointing that out and the refs correcting it? Isn't that what good refs are supposed to do?

I could sit here and talk about the constent carrying of the ball that both Garret and Key did the entire night and was never called but late in the 4th they call a carry on Malone-Mitchell.

Refs are refs they make good calls and bad calls.

Those were fouls. You can't hack downward on a player who has inside position. I can't believe you're arguing that. If anything Darvell Brown got screwed on his fourth foul when the officials complete forgot the principle of verticality...went straight up for the ball and the King player crashed backwards into him.

You're right in the sense that WAC's guards got careless going airborne in the lane, but I question calling a charge when the defender slides in under the hoop and contact doesn't happen until the player has just about landed and already passed the ball. The charge call on Garrett with 0.6 seconds left in the 2nd quarter was an absolute crime.

That foul was originally called on Collier, both him and McMillian were on the ball-handler, who fouled was not all that clear. Speaking of having the refs' ear, how many refs tolerate a coach staring them down, raising their hand directly in front of them and giving them an exaggerated "finger beckoning" motion? I like Gosz for the most part, but he does have an annoying in-game demeanor.

Regarding the carries, if they are gonna let Mr. Edwards "sling dribble" (bringing the ball way back beyond the hip while dribbling) the ball all over the court and only call traveling on him after four steps, they better give Key and Garrett a break, especially when they are forced to deal with being mugged the entire length of the court.

I don't disagree about the officials making both good and bad calls, as things tend to even themselves out, however, I believe the up-and-down up-tempo nature of the game made it hard for the officials to make the correct calls on some very key charge/block situations.

Also, did you really just use a still image to try and justify a charge/block call? C'mon man.

It was a phenomenal game, and of course, people from both sides are gonna see things their way, but when you're the "little engine that might" (WAC), it's a little exasperating to watch your team play their butt off, come up just short, and still have to listen to the Empire (King) talk about not being respected (not referring to you, CarpeDiem, but it's a sentiment I've gotten from a few King people). You're Milwaukee King for Pete's sake, one of the state's "chosen programs," don't play that underdog card.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
carpediem32
#152 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 12:41:37 PM(UTC)
WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Varsity
High Fives: 21
High Fived: 15
On another note Jarvis Garret is a stud!!!! It was hard not to cheer for him last night...
"To Give Anything Less Than Your All Is To Sacrifice The Gift"
db11
#153 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 12:42:57 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
CarpeDiem32 wrote:
On another note Jarvis Garret is a stud!!!! It was hard not to cheer for him last night...

He's great, which is why I don't understand why he doesn't play all 32 minutes every night (not withstanding foul issues).
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
carpediem32
#154 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 12:54:40 PM(UTC)
Varsity
DB wrote:
CarpeDiem32 wrote:
DB wrote:
amped0808 wrote:
Milwaukee King 75
West Allis Central 71

Final

What a game. It was easy to get walk-up tickets, but by tip the gym was definitely near it's capacity (3,600).

Very even first half. Early in the 3rd quarter, however, WAC PG Jarvis Garrett picked up his fourth foul. The Bulldogs valiantly responded by jumping out to a 51-44 lead behind the inspired play of Darvell Brown. However, both Najeal McMillian (fouls) and Tonnie Collier (cramps) also headed to the bench and despite holding on for a little bit, what was essentially WAC's second-string caved in and King went on a 14-0 to turn the tide and end the quarter.

WAC battled back in the fourth and was able to get the lead to 2 in the final minute, but Austin Malone-Mitchell made his FTs and King hung on for victory.

Lot of tough calls in this one, particularly where charge/blocks were concerned (Garrett's last two fouls were bang-bang)...too much sliding under by King was overlooked, IM(not so biased)O, it also appeared that King was allowed to be more physical. I kind of expected this though, just wish officials wouldn't kow-tow to the more prestigious coach (such as getting them to change a foul more than a minute of game-time after the fact, and not-so-coincidentally getting that foul charged to a star player; or blowing the whistle more when standing in front of Gosz).

Also, I'd heard about WAC's substituion patterns this year, and I now see why my sources complained about them so much.

I will say, both teams played their butts off (especially Darvell Brown, he left it all out there) and it was a great game. Would have enjoyed it more if my side would have won though.

One final note, what was the WAC event staff thinking not moving the King fans from WAC's side to the side of the gym they should be on? Talk about dropping the ball.

King 16 21 21 17 - 75
WAC 12 24 15 20 - 71

King: Austin Malone-Mitchell 3 8-11 15, Dominique Borom 2 0-0 5, Nic Stokes 4 0-2 12, Jihad Jackson 0 2-2 2, Jamell Posey 3 0-0 6, Anthony Hatfield 3 0-0 8, Chris Stovall 2 2-4 6, Arroyo Edwards 2 3-6 7, Montrell Hobbs 5 4-6 14. 3-Pt. FGs: 8 (Stokes 4, Hatfield 2, Borom 1, Malone-Mitchell 1)

WAC: Jarvis Garrett 6 3-3 15, Tonnie Collier 3 4-6 10, Ron Turkvan 1 1-2 3, Ezekiel Martin 1 2-2 5, Darvell Brown 7 2-3 20, Brandon Key 1 0-0 2, Najeal McMillian 8 0-0 16, Demetrius James 0 0-1 0. 3-Pt. FGs: 5 (Brown 4, Martin 1).

There were tough calls on both teams. You mention the charges. What about the touch over the back calls on King's Chris Howell in the first half and on Chris Stovall in the 4th quarter??? Not to mention there is no way possible that Malone-Mitchell at maybe 150 pounds can run over Darvell (who has a nice physic for a high school kid) and get a charge called on him. WAC issues with the charges were they were constantly leaving their feet once they got into the lane. King knew that coming into the game and took the appropriate charges as such.

As far as the foul. #34 was would committed that foul but the refs gave it to Branden Key #24, so why do you have an issue with Gosz pointing that out and the refs correcting it? Isn't that what good refs are supposed to do?

I could sit here and talk about the constent carrying of the ball that both Garret and Key did the entire night and was never called but late in the 4th they call a carry on Malone-Mitchell.

Those were fouls. You can't hack downward on a player who has inside position. I can't believe you're arguing that. If anything Darvell Brown got screwed on his fourth foul when the officials complete forgot the principle of verticality...went straight up for the ball and the King player crashed backwards into him.

You're right in the sense that WAC's guards got careless going airborne in the lane, but I question calling a charge when the defender slides in under the hoop and contact doesn't happen until the player has just about landed and already passed the ball. The charge call on Garrett with 0.6 seconds left in the 2nd quarter was an absolute crime.

That foul was originally called on Collier, both him and McMillian were on the ball-handler, who fouled was not all that clear. Speaking of having the refs' ear, how many refs tolerate a coach staring them down, raising their hand directly in front of them and giving them an exaggerated "finger beckoning" motion? I like Gosz for the most part, but he does have an annoying in-game demeanor.

Regarding the carries, if they are gonna let Mr. Edwards "sling dribble" (bringing the ball way back beyond the hip while dribbling) the ball all over the court and only call traveling on him after four steps, they better give Key and Garrett a break, especially when they are forced to deal with being mugged the entire length of the court.

I don't disagree about the officials making both good and bad calls, as things tend to even themselves out, however, I believe the up-and-down up-tempo nature of the game made it hard for the officials to make the correct calls on some very key charge/block situations.

Also, did you really just use a still image to try and justify a charge/block call? C'mon man.

It was a phenomenal game, and of course, people from both sides are gonna see things their way, but when you're the "little engine that might" (WAC), it's a little exasperating to watch your team play their butt off, come up just short, and still have to listen to the Empire (King) talk about not being respected (not referring to you, CarpeDiem, but it's a sentiment I've gotten from a few King people). You're Milwaukee King for Pete's sake, one of the state's "chosen programs," don't play that underdog card.

Well as a poster stated above. A player can be moving and take a charge if he has established position. Also, a charge can be called well after a player has passed the ball is he still crashes into another player. I used the still image because you can see Darvell is starting to fall and Malone-Mitchell barely has a foot off the ground. In a sense they are rewarding somewhat of a flop.

The whole little engine thing is cute but you can't use that with all the talent that is going to Central from the city. Central might as well join the city conference because those are pretty much all city kids on their team.

One mistake I thought Central made was changing the way Branden Key plays. The kid can flat out shoot but I barely saw him even look for his 3 point shot.

So why is King's pressure defense considered mugging? Do you consider the pressure defense of Germantown mugging as well? What about Racine Park. Were they mugging Hamilton last night?

And how can King not play the underdog card. The entire state was ready back in November to just ship the gold ball to Germantown. I think every other team in the state is an underdog.

It was a great game.
carpediem32
#155 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 1:03:04 PM(UTC)
Varsity
DB wrote:
CarpeDiem32 wrote:

He's great, which is why I don't understand why he doesn't play all 32 minutes every night (not withstanding foul issues).

Good question. But even with the time between quarters a kid may be gassed. I saw a lot of times this season where the Triggs twins were done in the 4th quarter because they were tired. Not saying this is the same situation just something I noticed this year.
miltownhoopsfan
#156 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 1:12:34 PM(UTC)

Varsity
High Fives: 40
High Fived: 54

I actually WOULD call Racine Park's pressure "mugging" - LOL - at least in the last few games I've seen. But that is not meant to be disrespectful to Park in any way. Hey - if the game is being called loosely - as was the case with the Milwaukee Hamilton/Racine Park game - then it is up to Hamilton to adjust and toughen up. Like the old Cincinnati Bearcats teams - all over you all the time - if its not called - it can wear you down.

I think both DB and Carpe Diem hit on an interesting point - with so much action and reaching and a lot of body contact (I think EVERY screen Hamilton and Park set involved some pushing one way or the other) it becomes a very tough game to call. I personally think the officials at the Park game did a very good job of being CONSISTENT. What was a foul on one end was also a foul on the other. I actually think the games I have seen where they "let them play a little", although it seems too physical at times - does seem to put the outcome more into the players' hands. I like to see them let a little bit more go - especially if it is a move that doesn't allow a player to gain an advantage.

I think teams in the City and Greater Metro and Southeast Conferences have a harder time adjusting to a more closely called game where just about every steal and blocked shot is called a foul as sometimes is the case in non-conference and state tournament games.

But that is an over generalization - there are officials who work Milwaukee area games who do call it tighter as well.
Miltown Hoops Fan

Was I the only one cheering for South Bend Central in the Indiana State Championship game on "Hoosiers"?
miltownhoopsfan
#157 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 1:15:15 PM(UTC)

Varsity
CarpeDiem32 wrote:
DB wrote:
CarpeDiem32 wrote:

Good question. But even with the time between quarters a kid may be gassed. I saw a lot of times this season where the Triggs twins were done in the 4th quarter because they were tired. Not saying this is the same situation just something I noticed this year.

Agreed 100% !! Love how Jarvis Garrett has really developed over the years. They are a better team with him ON the court - no doubt. Also - he is a great kid - very humble, personable, and polite.
Miltown Hoops Fan

Was I the only one cheering for South Bend Central in the Indiana State Championship game on "Hoosiers"?
miltownhoopsfan
#158 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 1:20:52 PM(UTC)

Varsity

King is an "Empire"?

Tough to be imperialistic when you haven't been to State since 2007 and haven't won a title since 2004. What does that make Madison Memorial?

But as far as the respect for their coach and program I can see your point.
Miltown Hoops Fan

fallback
#159 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 1:28:14 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 1
High Fived: 5
sitting in the front row on the central side here is my take. great game on both sides. don't want to take anything from king.

garrett never left the floor on the charges. he just looked opposite for the kick after going the length of the floor through 3 to 4 king players, you mean to tell me that he wasn't touched while edwards waited under the rim? there need to be a clinder put in, in high school. for the most part fouls are judgement calls, but when the refs missed travels and double dribbles its horrible.

the game was very physical, but king went to the line 31 times compared to 17 and all the whistle blowing was a shame. nobody pays to see the refs.

as far as garrett playing 32 minutes, not sure what that is about? but i enjoy watching him play and am sure many others did too. he does not get the respect he deserves.
The Game doesn't owe you anything, you owe the the game

Respect IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
treycrew44
#160 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 2:44:08 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 3
roundball wrote:
Dukeis#1 wrote:
Clayton is good but not as good as the previous two seasons when they had Ketz. Nonetheless it looks like they should be headed to Madison for the third straight year. The schedule and northern sectional appeared to be very weak this year except for Prentice. Prentice must not have come to play tonight.Clayton has their number. Poor guys just can't break through to Madison after losing in sectionals 4 years in a row

There are a lot of teams that get to Sectionals for consecutive years and can't punch through. As far as Prentice goes , the basketball gods have a funny way of having the last word.

please enlighten everyone as to WHY these so called "basketball gods" have it out for prentice.what trangressions did prentice partake in to bring upon such wrath? curious statement on your part. i thought this year the better team won this game. much like past years for that matter.
formerscribe
#161 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 3:55:59 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 82
High Fived: 52
treycrew44 wrote:
roundball wrote:
Dukeis#1 wrote:
Clayton is good but not as good as the previous two seasons when they had Ketz. Nonetheless it looks like they should be headed to Madison for the third straight year. The schedule and northern sectional appeared to be very weak this year except for Prentice. Prentice must not have come to play tonight.Clayton has their number. Poor guys just can't break through to Madison after losing in sectionals 4 years in a row

There are a lot of teams that get to Sectionals for consecutive years and can't punch through. As far as Prentice goes , the basketball gods have a funny way of having the last word.

please enlighten everyone as to WHY these so called "basketball gods" have it out for prentice.what trangressions did prentice partake in to bring upon such wrath? curious statement on your part. i thought this year the better team won this game. much like past years for that matter.

Chill, it's a figure of speech. It implies that powers beyond their control are against them. Read Homer's Iliad and Odyssey.
db11
#162 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 4:54:19 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
CarpeDiem32 wrote:
DB wrote:
CarpeDiem32 wrote:
DB wrote:
amped0808 wrote:
Milwaukee King 75
West Allis Central 71

Final

King 16 21 21 17 - 75
WAC 12 24 15 20 - 71

Well as a poster stated above. A player can be moving and take a charge if he has established position. Also, a charge can be called well after a player has passed the ball is he still crashes into another player. I used the still image because you can see Darvell is starting to fall and Malone-Mitchell barely has a foot off the ground. In a sense they are rewarding somewhat of a flop.

The whole little engine thing is cute but you can't use that with all the talent that is going to Central from the city. Central might as well join the city conference because those are pretty much all city kids on their team.

One mistake I thought Central made was changing the way Branden Key plays. The kid can flat out shoot but I barely saw him even look for his 3 point shot.

So why is King's pressure defense considered mugging? Do you consider the pressure defense of Germantown mugging as well? What about Racine Park. Were they mugging Hamilton last night?

And how can King not play the underdog card. The entire state was ready back in November to just ship the gold ball to Germantown. I think every other team in the state is an underdog.

It was a great game.

You can't be moving and take a charge on an airborne player (hence, "sliding under"). King was called for one yesterday that was a classic "put your shoulder into the defender" charge...that's where you can take a charge while moving and holding your position. At least three of WAC's charges were legit calls, the one on Garrett before halftime was not.

The problem with a still image is you can't judge when and how much contact was made. Simply stating that Brown is starting to fall (essentially, you called it a flop) doesn't really tell the story...It's like claiming that you can see a traveling violation in a still image...not possible.

I absolutely CAN use the "little engine that might" thing. I don't care if Kobe's kids are coming to WAC (fact: 220 kids have been coming to WAC for years, they're finally getting kids to actually stay committed to the program), look at their record the past decade. Last sectional appearance was in 2000 for Pete's sake. Perhaps this year they were close, but the WAC program is nothing compared to King.

They haven't changed the way Brandon Key plays. He was the #5 scoring option on a team that made it a point to get the ball to its bigs. Plus, he's only a freshman. WAC will be heavily guard-oriented next year. Look for him to break out.

Anybody's pressure defense is mugging. I don't disagree there. All those teams you mention like to get as physical as possible...it's how you frustrate opponents...however, if the refs are giving leeway, it has to go both ways.

The problem with your underdog theory is that it's not November anymore. Yes, G-Town has been the talk of the state, but it's March now, and anyone in the know has come to realize that King and JMM are right there with them. Just because someone picks G-Town to win state does not mean they're "dissin'" King...unfortunately that's a sentiment I've seen a bit too much of.

db11
#163 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 4:58:11 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
fall back wrote:
sitting in the front row on the central side here is my take. great game on both sides. don't want to take anything from king.

garrett never left the floor on the charges. he just looked opposite for the kick after going the length of the floor through 3 to 4 king players, you mean to tell me that he wasn't touched while edwards waited under the rim? there need to be a clinder put in, in high school. for the most part fouls are judgement calls, but when the refs missed travels and double dribbles its horrible.

the game was very physical, but king went to the line 31 times compared to 17 and all the whistle blowing was a shame. nobody pays to see the refs.

as far as garrett playing 32 minutes, not sure what that is about? but i enjoy watching him play and am sure many others did too. he does not get the respect he deserves.

Garrett's their best player, the most important cog for that team, in big games, he has come off the floor way too much this year.

In HS, your best players need to be out there as much as possible.

Let me put it this way, when King was in the midst of their 14-0 run in the third quarter yesterday when WAC had all those guys on the bench with four fouls, if I was coaching, guess which guy with four fouls would have been hustled back out there to try and stem the tide (obviously under strict orders to be careful)?

fallback
#164 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 5:59:54 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 1
DB i see what your saying. i have been at all but three games that central has played. he only comes out for a minute and then he right back in. i questioned one situation where he was subed for six seconds. mind blowing. after last night i would argue that he is the best point guard in the state....
The Game doesn't owe you anything, you owe the the game

Respect IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roundball
#165 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 8:57:11 PM(UTC)

Varsity
High Fives: 4
High Fived: 11
formerscribe wrote:
treycrew44 wrote:
roundball wrote:
Dukeis#1 wrote:

Chill, it's a figure of speech. It implies that powers beyond their control are against them. Read Homer's Iliad and Odyssey.

Has to do with beligerent fans. Played them a couple of years ago in a summer game. A few of the "parents" i assume (had no problem with their kids) just rode the refs and our kids from the opening tip. Way over the top. They won (which was meaningless in summer), and continued to ride the kids after the handshake , walking off the court. Unbelievable. To sum up , when I confronted them , they "reminded" me that they would be playing in Madison the next couple of years. I told them (in so many words  ) that the basketball gods would reward their behavior. Thats why I'm  now. Interesting , just as in life , what goes around always seems to come around. You asked.

WinfromWithin
mavericks123
#166 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 10:00:09 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 10
Everyone I have talked with said that this was an outstanding game. I was at the Hamilton game and was very surprised with the outcome. Belcher had an off game and that hurt Hamilton. Bottom line is the WIAA doesn't get it that a lot of top Div. 1 teams should be playing at state. It is too bad.
db11
#167 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 10:05:30 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
Mavericks wrote:
Everyone I have talked with said that this was an outstanding game. I was at the Hamilton game and was very surprised with the outcome. Belcher had an off game and that hurt Hamilton. Bottom line is the WIAA doesn't get it that a lot of top Div. 1 teams should be playing at state. It is too bad.

To say nothing of D2-D5's top teams. Though I don't know that Hamilton or Park are really on that level. Park has a shot to prove me (and others) wrong tomorrow.

Four divisions. Eight teams each. It is and isn't the answer.

Conversely, I'm not entirely sure there are four state-caliber D1 teams over on the girls' side this year...A bunch of teams that are just below that level, IMO.

1 user high fived
fbbbman on 3/9/2012(UTC)
faststew
#168 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 10:46:28 PM(UTC)

All Conference
High Fives: 201
High Fived: 120
fall back wrote:
DB i see what your saying. i have been at all but three games that central has played. he only comes out for a minute and then he right back in. i questioned one situation where he was subed for six seconds. mind blowing. after last night i would argue that he is the best point guard in the state....

He is a real talent but saying hes the BEST point guard in the state most will disagree. I would take Jarvi on my team anyday but, Bronson K and Duane Wilson are just phenominal. Jarvi is definetly top 5 unarguably. I heard someone call him Jarvi, is that his nickname in school ect?
"2012 HS Football Pick'em Champ"
"To give anything less than your all is a failure"
ETHS-7 time defending conference champs
State? 2013 or bust!
Brewers predictions: 92-70 and 1 game short of Cincy for Div. Earn 1st Wildcard spot
easystridermrg28
#169 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 11:14:48 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 5
High Fived: 8
highlightfilm wrote:
hs bball fan wrote:
travis wrote:
Germantown beat Sussex Hamilton in the late game but still awaiting score confirmation.

Germantown 64-38 over Sussex, Sussex held the ball most of the first half, Showalter got two fouls in the first two minutes of the game and didn't play the rest of the first half. 2nd half he took over with a couple big dunks and some great passes. Fisher had a good game with about 20 points. Big crowd lots of fun.

Actually, Hamilton did not hold the ball most of the first half. They did slow the tempo down early in the game. Yet that backfired as they had six turnovers in the first 4 minutes of the game. GT built a 18 pt first half lead with Showalter on the bench but Hamilton outscored GT 10-0 the last four minutes of the 2nd quarter to get back in the game. GT closed the game with one of their patented runs, 15-0 for the final margin. Showalter had a SICK putback dunk during the run. I'm checking to see if I can get the clip. Loud crowd, fun student sections.

They may have had the intension to hold the ball but as soon as GTown started applying some serious ball pressure that ended. Sussex did not have the ball handlers to be able to hold the ball for long periods of time. The ball would eventually end up in the wrong guys hands and the ball would go back to GTown. Sussex will definitly be a team to reckon with in the next couple of years however. They have some real good young talent.
db11
#170 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 12:35:45 AM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
faststew wrote:
fall back wrote:

He is a real talent but saying hes the BEST point guard in the state most will disagree. I would take Jarvi on my team anyday but, Bronson K and Duane Wilson are just phenominal. Jarvi is definetly top 5 unarguably. I heard someone call him Jarvi, is that his nickname in school ect?

I believe he is more commonly called "Pooh"...

carpediem32
#171 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:06:22 AM(UTC)
Varsity
faststew wrote:
fall back wrote:

After seeing him playing numerous times this year. Seeing the way he locked down Deonte Burton and seeing the way he whipped through the press of King, I would have to say the gap is very close among the top 3 PGs. The only real difference is that BK and Duane Wilson are legitimate 6 feet in height. As far as being a floor general, Jarvis may be the best of the 3
billybobble
#172 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:56:51 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fived: 33
Dukeis#1 wrote:

Drummond 36
Clayton 32

I guess we found another good team today.
fbbbman
#173 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:58:10 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 252
High Fived: 45
billybobble wrote:
Dukeis#1 wrote:

Drummond 36
Clayton 32

Congrats to Drummond, last state appearence was in 1997.
billybobble
#174 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 4:22:54 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fived: 33
FB BB MAN wrote:
billybobble wrote:
Dukeis#1 wrote:

Drummond 36
Clayton 32

Congrats to Drummond, last state appearence was in 1997.

I like 1962 when Drummond made it to State when there was only one class.