skip navigation

WIAA FOOTBALL LIVE STREAMING ?
afan1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:16:57 AM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 386
High Fived: 393
http://www.wiaawi.org/News/WebStreamCentral.aspx

Only audio ? I guess my thur night is now going to be a NC basketball game.

Appears it will be on later on demand here.

Any reason why ? Not everyone in the state gets FS Wis.
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
Sponsor  

onefan
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:10:33 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 2
High Fived: 22
afan1 wrote:
http://www.wiaawi.org/News/WebStreamCentral.aspx

Only audio ? I guess my thur night is now going to be a NC basketball game.

Appears it will be on later on demand here.

Any reason why ? Not everyone in the state gets FS Wis.

http://www.foxsportswisc...ages/prepzone_fall2012/

They will be streaming.
traviswilson
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:52:26 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
High Fives: 476
High Fived: 437
They will not be streaming the game. That document lists the broadcast schedule, it does say they will be streamed. The WIAA originally included info that the games would be streamed when they sent out their state tourney preview. However, they said today that is incorrect and that contractually the games cannot be streamed, they are only shown live via FS Wisconsin's TV broadcast. I believe last year was the first time this was the case.
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN
greenblood20
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:32:45 PM(UTC)

Junior Varsity
High Fives: 6
High Fived: 5
That's really depressing. Looks like I'm gonna have to cross the Minnesota-Wisconsin border to watch it. Anybody know the Charter channel number for FSN Wisconsin in the Superior area? I can't find it.
witt1
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:01:58 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 6
What was the wiaa thinking of-Sure is unfair --They should do like nfl does --When a game is on espn they let a local station pick it up I can see the game but those without cable are up a creek --just my opinion
deltaman1
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:41:04 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 1
High Fived: 20
From what I could research, Superior has Fox Sports North on channel 37 (Channel 824 in HD). It looks like FS North is carrying the games.

greenblood20 wrote:
That's really depressing. Looks like I'm gonna have to cross the Minnesota-Wisconsin border to watch it. Anybody know the Charter channel number for FSN Wisconsin in the Superior area? I can't find it.

1 user high fived
greenblood20 on 11/14/2012(UTC)
deltaman1
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:07:37 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 1
High Fived: 20
On Direct TV, it is channel 669. I cannot find Fox Sports North or Fox Sports Wisconsin on DISH Network.

deltaman1 wrote:
From what I could research, Superior has Fox Sports North on channel 37 (Channel 824 in HD). It looks like FS North is carrying the games.

greenblood20 wrote:

dfnewburry
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:11:49 PM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 239
High Fived: 188
On my cable system the chizzlers at Charter would advertise the games to be on the sports package yet actually put the games on an auction channel that day , so I could pay for the sports package and still not get the games .

This may have changed yet it caused me to drop Charter in 2009 when I was wanting to watch Edgar / Regis .

FoxSportsWisconsin.com did the same thing in years past , advertise but not stream .

I am old enough to remember when the state finals would be shown on the local ABC affiliate just like those basketball games in March then rebrodcast on Wisconsin Public Television over Thanksgiving .
DIGNITAS
To live with dignity
To die with dignity

rlahners
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:58:45 AM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 11
High Fived: 3
deltaman1 wrote:
On Direct TV, it is channel 669. I cannot find Fox Sports North or Fox Sports Wisconsin on DISH Network.

deltaman1 wrote:

greenblood20 wrote:

Channel 441 on Dish Network, not broadcast in HD though.
stlbadger
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:56:09 AM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 6
dfnewburry wrote:
On my cable system the chizzlers at Charter would advertise the games to be on the sports package yet actually put the games on an auction channel that day , so I could pay for the sports package and still not get the games .

This may have changed yet it caused me to drop Charter in 2009 when I was wanting to watch Edgar / Regis .

FoxSportsWisconsin.com did the same thing in years past , advertise but not stream .

I am old enough to remember when the state finals would be shown on the local ABC affiliate just like those basketball games in March then rebrodcast on Wisconsin Public Television over Thanksgiving .

and....how few people actually watched those reruns
die4it
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:11:48 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 25
High Fived: 24
Is there a message board/chat like they had previous years anywhere?

The other thing is how come they can stream state basketball games, (numerous ABC affilates seem to have it around the state) but not football.
traviswilson
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:25:29 AM(UTC)

All Conference
High Fives: 476
High Fived: 437
die4it wrote:

The other thing is how come they can stream state basketball games, (numerous ABC affilates seem to have it around the state) but not football.

No live blog unfortunately. The Cover It Live software we've used in years past went from free to $250 per month and wasn't something we could justify.

Quincy Newspapers, which owns the ABC stations, has the basketball media rights and chooses to live stream. Fox Sports has the football media rights and chooses not to live stream. I imagine live streaming may be something the WIAA tries to get into the next contract negotiations.
The Packers/Badgers/Brewers are like your children; you don't love them because they're good, you love them because they're yours.

10/22/2010 -- 598,210 pageviews for WSN

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/travisWSN
die4it
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:33:27 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 25
High Fived: 24
traviswilson wrote:
die4it wrote:

No live blog unfortunately. The Cover It Live software we've used in years past went from free to $250 per month and wasn't something we could justify.

Quincy Newspapers, which owns the ABC stations, has the basketball media rights and chooses to live stream. Fox Sports has the football media rights and chooses not to live stream. I imagine live streaming may be something the WIAA tries to get into the next contract negotiations.

Got it and understandable. Thanks!

I don't know if this is ok to post here or not but I do see the Appleton Post Crescent has the Cover it Live blog starting at 12:45.