Poll Question : Who Wins?
Choice Votes Statistics
Lancaster 28 62 %
Stanley-Boyd 17 37 %
Total 45 100%

4 Pages123>»
D5 State Championship: Lancaster vs Stanley-Boyd
nyybball
#1 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:35:34 PM(UTC)

All Conference
High Fives: 116
High Fived: 172
Thoughts on the game.....
Sponsor  

peckulease
#2 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:40:46 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 141
High Fived: 231
I'm excited the state is going to get a chance to see a very talented player in Stanley sophomore Zach Turner. I've saw him play about 8 times the past two seasons and have not saw anyone who plays with the poise and is able to make reads like him at his age. He is all over the field on defense. Stanley opted to start him at safety against Amherst, but quickly p7t him back at his linebacker position two series into the game. I think be will raise some eyebrows.
A Playoff will be much more fair than the BCS.
No matter what happens, Rodgers GREATER THAN Favre.
St. Louis Cardinals = Classless
1 user high fived
nate54768 on 11/16/2013(UTC)
wr88
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:08:36 AM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 70
High Fived: 161
I remember last year that Lancaster was licking their chops with Amherst coming in with a backup quarterback.

I do not think the Arrows will take S-B lightly, but I think S-B has what it takes to win. They have surprised many, including myself, and I think they will do it one more time.
A Playoff will not be any more fair than the BCS.
No matter what happens, Favre > Rodgers.
St. Louis Cardinals = Class of MLB.
Carlos Gomez is the new Nyjer Morgan.....
Twitter
2 users high fived
nate54768 on 11/16/2013(UTC), kmjanisewski on 11/22/2013(UTC)
bucky13
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 5:35:13 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 9
High Fived: 13
Stanley Boyd is just too good on offense and beat Amherst that has an amazing, stunning defense.

Stanely Boyd 28
Lancaster 21
1 user high fived
kmjanisewski on 11/22/2013(UTC)
jtothes
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:14:13 AM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 2
High Fived: 0
bucky13 wrote:
Stanley Boyd is just too good on offense and beat Amherst that has an amazing, stunning defense.

Stanely Boyd 28
Lancaster 21

Offensive Statistics (Updated through level III)

STANLEY BOYD
Total Points - 426 (32.8/g)
Passing Yards - 1400 (112.3/g)
Passing TD - 19
Rushing Yards - 2397 (184.4/g)
Rushing TD - 32

LANCASTER
Total Points - 563 (43.3/g)
Passing Yards - 1119 (122.8/g)
Passing TD - 16
Rushing Yards - 3337 (256.7/g)
Rushing TD - 57

Lancaster's offense is one of the most explosive offenses in the state. They absolutely shredded Kewaunee any way they wanted last night. They also beat Division 4 State Team (Platteville) twice this season and outscored them 97-33. Should be a good game but I believe Lancaster has too many explosive players, both on offense and defense. After losing at state two years in a row, you better believe they will be focused and ready to go from the opening kickoff.

My prediction:
Lancaster 34
Stanely-Boyd 20
jtothes
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:50:08 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
wr88 wrote:
I remember last year that Lancaster was licking their chops with Amherst coming in with a backup quarterback.

I do not think the Arrows will take S-B lightly, but I think S-B has what it takes to win. They have surprised many, including myself, and I think they will do it one more time.

I'm not sure if they can handle the ground and pound game Lancaster has.

537 rushing last night. Unbelievable.
nate54768
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:37:46 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 1
I do have to say that I respect Lancaster. That being said, Stanley-Boyd has numerous explosive players on offense and defense as well. So don't just think that Lancaster only has explosive players because I feel that Stanley-Boyd can match them explosion for explosion. As far as stats, Stanley-Boyd doesn't run up the score on teams like Lancaster does so stats are misleading there. Amherst does have an extremely stout and formadable defense and Stanley-Boyd did score 3 TD's on them, and 1 via a fumble pick-up and run in for a TD by Zach Turner. And after some halftime adjustments, Stanley-Boyd's defense pretty much shut down a very high potent offense in Amherst. Lancaster, I am going to say that you are going to meet your match at Camp Randall. Its going to be a great game. Maybe one for the ages due to the magnitude of the game. Lancaster, you are next.
jtothes
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:50:30 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
nate54768 wrote:
I do have to say that I respect Lancaster. That being said, Stanley-Boyd has numerous explosive players on offense and defense as well. So don't just think that Lancaster only has explosive players because I feel that Stanley-Boyd can match them explosion for explosion. As far as stats, Stanley-Boyd doesn't run up the score on teams like Lancaster does so stats are misleading there. Amherst does have an extremely stout and formadable defense and Stanley-Boyd did score 3 TD's on them, and 1 via a fumble pick-up and run in for a TD by Zach Turner. And after some halftime adjustments, Stanley-Boyd's defense pretty much shut down a very high potent offense in Amherst. Lancaster, I am going to say that you are going to meet your match at Camp Randall. Its going to be a great game. Maybe one for the ages due to the magnitude of the game. Lancaster, you are next.

I guess Lancaster was "running up" the score last night too, huh?

db11
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:51:54 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
nate54768 wrote:

As someone who is admittedly not part of the Stanley-Boyd team, and not even an alum, you really should refrain from saying stuff like that. It reflects poorly on the kids and coaches who actually make up the S-B football team.

---

As far as the game goes, Stanley-Boyd has a solid, but not explosive offense...might have something to do with their lack of "blowouts." The C-Belt is also arguably more competitive top-to-bottom than the SWC.

Perhaps what should really be noted is that Stanley-Boyd was able to go toe-to-toe with Amherst's notorious speed...something Lancaster could not do last year.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is almost here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
2 users high fived
ash22themagnificent on 11/17/2013(UTC), longball12 on 11/19/2013(UTC)
bucky13
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:36:33 PM(UTC)
Varsity
db11 wrote:
nate54768 wrote:

As someone who is admittedly not part of the Stanley-Boyd team, and not even an alum, you really should refrain from saying stuff like that. It reflects poorly on the kids and coaches who actually make up the S-B football team.

---

As far as the game goes, Stanley-Boyd has a solid, but not explosive offense...might have something to do with their lack of "blowouts." The C-Belt is also arguably more competitive top-to-bottom than the SWC.

Perhaps what should really be noted is that Stanley-Boyd was able to go toe-to-toe with Amherst's notorious speed...something Lancaster could not do last year.

Agree completely 100% lets keep it clean here guys.
nate54768
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:16:21 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 1
I am done here
footballluv
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:19:23 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 1
High Fived: 4
nate54768 wrote:
Sorry all, I did not know that you were required to be an alumn of the school you support to be in these forums. I am gone from here. Good luck to all teams. Good bye all.

It has nothing to do with supporting the team, but saying things like You're Next! You can support a team in a respectful manner, even claiming your team will win, but no need for taunting. There is a reason taunting is not allowed and is a personal foul in all athletic competitions. It is not needed.
footballluv
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:20:34 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
And Nate, you have most likely just given Lancaster something to point to as added motivation this week. So your "support" has just backfired. That is what they are trying to say.
bucky13
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:16:23 AM(UTC)
Varsity
Nobody is giving the newbies at state, Stanley Boyd much love or respect for what they have done this season. I would say tht SB plays in a very tough conference and I wanna say that they have given up less points on defense that Lancaster. Can someone come up with that stat for me please?
bucky13
#15 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:32:30 AM(UTC)
Varsity
jtothes wrote:
bucky13 wrote:

Stanely Boyd 28
Lancaster 21

STANLEY BOYD
Passing TD - 19
Rushing TD - 32

LANCASTER
Passing TD - 16
Rushing TD - 57

Lancaster's offense is one of the most explosive offenses in the state. They absolutely shredded Kewaunee any way they wanted last night. They also beat Division 4 State Team (Platteville) twice this season and outscored them 97-33. Should be a good game but I believe Lancaster has too many explosive players, both on offense and defense. After losing at state two years in a row, you better believe they will be focused and ready to go from the opening kickoff.

My prediction:
Lancaster 34
Stanely-Boyd 20

Alright I will admit, deep down I think that Lancaster is going to win. I keep talking myself into SB wining this game because I want themt oo and I am from that area. Truely I feel that Lancaster is a much better team, but would like to see the local team win.
goldball
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:14:50 AM(UTC)

All Conference
High Fives: 24
High Fived: 12
nate54768 wrote:
I am done here

As a great coach once said, "You can't quit something you never started."
"Friday night butterflies, like clockwork they arrived,
Little chill in an October sky, nervous 'til the kickoff came,
Four quarters win or lose, spent Saturdays black-n-blue, but it was what I loved to do, and it was more than just a game."

afan1
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 2:17:56 PM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 398
High Fived: 404
jtothes wrote:
bucky13 wrote:

Stanely Boyd 28
Lancaster 21

STANLEY BOYD
Passing TD - 19
Rushing TD - 32

LANCASTER
Passing TD - 16
Rushing TD - 57

My prediction:
Lancaster 34
Stanely-Boyd 20

Both had played 12 games correct ? One might want to double check your stats/math or where you got these. If YOUR Lancaster had 281 fewer passing yards, how could they ave 10 more yards per game ?
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
ash22themagnificent
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:01:55 PM(UTC)

All Conference
High Fives: 284
High Fived: 63
I have to go with Lancaster here and Stanley-Boyd faces a gargantuan challenge of slowing down the Flying Arrows' offense (who had a few players go down with knee injuries in the Kewaunee game on Friday night). Other than Racine St. Catherine's, nobody has come very close to keeping Lancaster from scoring at least thirty points a contest. It's just a game and at this stage, outsmarting the opponent becomes an even more difficult task.
"For some players, luck itself is an art."

"They say you're a man of vision."

"All we need is a deck of cards."
jfredmhs
#19 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 4:58:36 PM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 8
High Fived: 26
I see this game being an instant classic, much like the Lancaster vs. Colby championship game from a couple years ago.

Lancaster has to get to the SB quarterback early and often to keep him from getting comfortable and letting his athletic instincts take over. The back end of the Lancaster D is somewhat susceptible to peeking in the backfield for the run and letting athletic receivers get a free release at the line.

SB has to find a way to slow down the Arrows ground attack and force them to put the ball in the air. If Trannel has a big day rushing and makes solid reads in the option attack, SB will be in trouble. They have to make somebody else beat them. Last year Amherst used a unique front often bringing 6 linemen to throw off the Arrows' reads. That blueprint of different fronts could be key.

I see this game as being close. Close games in the playoffs are where experience for players and coaches counts the most..and for that reason I'll take Lancaster 27 SB 21
Christian Ponder? ...never heard of her
1 user high fived
goldball on 11/18/2013(UTC)
westfalls
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:20:58 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
All Conference
High Fives: 3
High Fived: 20
This year seems like the last 2 years. Lancaster the favorite against Colby and them Amherst just like Stanley-Body. Can they finally win? IMO this years team isn't quite as good as the past couple, and Don't know too much about SB. I like underdogs when I don't have one in the fight.

SB 27
Lancaster 21
1 user high fived
knighttime12
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:06:09 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fived: 3
Stanley Boyd has been the underdog in its last 2 games and this game isn't any different. It comes down to which team is more discipline. If SB can slow the option of Lancaster or if Lancaster can slow the misdirection and the passing of SB. This will either be a blow out by either team or it will be a game with some lead changes that comes down to the end. I think Stanley Boyd's defense is going to be able to slow the Lancaster offense because it seen a similar option running team in Amhearst. Plus, Lancaster will have issues stopping the passing game. Kewaunee was able to throw on them pretty well. But Lancaster does have the experience of what it is like to be at Madison compared to Stanley- Boyd, who hasn't been there since the 90's.
SB 24 Lancaster 21
PS watch for #7 Zach Turner and #2 Ronnie Ponick. Two very good young players!
1 user high fived
arrowneous
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:13:52 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 0
I read all the posts on this question to try to determine whether Lancaster or Stanley-Boyd offers a better education. It's a dead heat. The grammatical and spelling errors in these postings cast shame on the English departments of both school systems.
peckulease
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:29:11 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 141
High Fived: 231
arrowneous wrote:
I read all the posts on this question to try to determine whether Lancaster or Stanley-Boyd offers a better education. It's a dead heat. The grammatical and spelling errors in these postings cast shame on the English departments of both school systems.

Honestly, I don't even think anyone who has posted in here aside from you is from one of the two schools except that nate guy.
A Playoff will be much more fair than the BCS.
No matter what happens, Rodgers GREATER THAN Favre.
St. Louis Cardinals = Classless
footballgod4
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:54:21 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 7
Lancaster rolls 35-14
wrastle
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:39:13 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 8
Can't wait for the game! Not going to be a three score game in either team's favor. I feel it is going to be a great game. Both very good coaches staffs. Lancaster has experience, but I think that Stanley-Boyd has run through challenge after challenge. They won a much tougher conference than Lancaster plays in, and were supposed to lose to both Bloomer and to Amherst, who most had already put in the state championship game. They are very underrated. I see a very tough fought game by both teams and it being 28-21 Stanley- Boyd
Good Luck to both teams!
1 user high fived