skip navigation

Kostas Antetekounmpo
newmen
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2014 7:58:53 PM(UTC)

All American
High Fives: 320
High Fived: 307
From Mark Miller's Twitter...

"Kostas Antetokounmpo, younger brother of Bucks' rookie Giannis Antetokounmpo, will attend Dominican High School. Will start school soon."

"Kostas Antetokounmpo is a 6-5 wing player and will be attending Dominican High School. He is one of state's top 2016 prospects."

Edit: I don't know how to link a tweet...
WSN's All-Time Lowest Score
Pick 'Em Champ: 2011 Cloverbelt BB, '11 State Football Playoffs
I was in Wissports Illustrated
Sponsor  

db11
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2014 10:16:24 PM(UTC)

WSNxtra: Member of WSN XtraModerator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 891
High Fived: 1552
With Goode transferring over from Marquette, as long as Stone stays, that will be quite the front line next year.
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
carpediem32
#3 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 9:02:50 AM(UTC)
WSNxtra: Member of WSN Xtra
Varsity
High Fives: 21
High Fived: 15
db11 wrote:
With Goode transferring over from Marquette, as long as Stone stays, that will be quite the front line next year.

They may be getting more transfers as well a couple of pretty good 2017 guards.
"To Give Anything Less Than Your All Is To Sacrifice The Gift"
notahomer
#4 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 9:20:43 AM(UTC)

Varsity
High Fives: 43
High Fived: 25
I also heard there is another Antetokounmpo brother who will be a Freshman at Dominican in the Fall of 2014. There is also a Germantown incoming Freshman headed to Dominican in the Fall of 2014 as well.
db11
#5 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 1:02:12 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
But hey, Dominican has no discernible advantage over the rest of the state's D4 schools...
https://twitter.com/barwickipedia - Follow me...because HS football is here and we know you love score updates clogging up your Twitter feed.

"Hoosiers" is a great story, but it's far closer to lightning in a bottle than any sort of normality.
2 users high fived
afan1 on 2/7/2014(UTC), voiceofreason on 2/9/2014(UTC)
notahomer
#6 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 1:32:59 PM(UTC)

Varsity
db11 wrote:
But hey, Dominican has no discernible advantage over the rest of the state's D4 schools...

The public vs private thread still open?

Can anyone update me on why Goode transferred to Dominican or is it as simple as winning a State Title and getting some looks from colleges? Saw him at a NY2LA event and can't remember much about him.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dominicans summer league play to see if these guys gel or it's like Kentucky's current squad.

afan1
#7 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 1:58:26 PM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 398
High Fived: 404
notahomer wrote:
db11 wrote:

Can anyone update me on why Goode transferred to Dominican or is it as simple as winning a State Title and getting some looks from colleges? Saw him at a NY2LA event and can't remember much about him.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dominicans summer league play to see if these guys gel or it's like Kentucky's current squad.

Same reason as everyone ! Academics !
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
notahomer
#8 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 2:46:10 PM(UTC)

Varsity
afan1 wrote:
notahomer wrote:
db11 wrote:

To be fair, Dominican does have above average academics.
db11
#9 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 2:55:29 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
notahomer wrote:
db11 wrote:

This situation lends itself more towards the urban vs. rural aspect of things.

From Goode's tweets, it sounds like Marquette "wasn't a good fit," whatever that means...

wlhssuperjake08
#10 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 3:07:30 PM(UTC)

All State
High Fives: 489
High Fived: 759
db11 wrote:
notahomer wrote:
db11 wrote:

This situation lends itself more towards the urban vs. rural aspect of things.

From Goode's tweets, it sounds like Marquette "wasn't a good fit," whatever that means...

Not enough of the other gender, I'm guessing.
Twitter: @wlhssuperjake08 - funny retweets and the occasional one-liner.

Trickplayswingames owes me 10 high fives when/if the system works again because the Cowboys beat the Rams.
1 user high fived
notahomer on 2/7/2014(UTC)
hgerner13
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 8:53:11 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 8
High Fived: 13
notahomer wrote:
afan1 wrote:
notahomer wrote:
db11 wrote:

Well thank the heavens for mediocrity, because that is always something worth striving for.
wcbsas
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 9:43:12 AM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 4
As far as Antekeoumpo goes wherever he ended up it would be viewed with an air of unfairness. Where should he have gone? Cedarburg, Vincent, Germantown?
db11
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 12:50:54 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
wcbsas wrote:
As far as Antekeoumpo goes wherever he ended up it would be viewed with an air of unfairness. Where should he have gone? Cedarburg, Vincent, Germantown?

Eh, maybe, but how 'bout the fact they are also getting Goode and a few other rumored transfers?

The fact is, if you're located near or in a population center you have an advantage over a rural school. Dominican demonstrates this perhaps more than any other school in the state.

2 users high fived
voiceofreason on 2/9/2014(UTC), stcroix1 on 2/10/2014(UTC)
wcbsas
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2014 4:32:32 PM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 4
db11 wrote:
wcbsas wrote:

Eh, maybe, but how 'bout the fact they are also getting Goode and a few other rumored transfers?

The fact is, if you're located near or in a population center you have an advantage over a rural school. Dominican demonstrates this perhaps more than any other school in the state.

Not disagreeing with you on Goode although I wonder if it has to do more with the dysfunction that is going on at Marquette then the attractiveness at Dominican.
notahomer
#15 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 7:46:43 AM(UTC)

Varsity
hgerner13 wrote:
notahomer wrote:
afan1 wrote:
notahomer wrote:
db11 wrote:

Well thank the heavens for mediocrity, because that is always something worth striving for.

Sarcasm doesn't work on the internets. Dominicans academics are way above average. I wonder if Dominican will see these types of transfers after Stones graduates?

Rural communities seem to have more community involvement and dare I say player desire to succeed than some of the larger programs out there. I've seen a number of posts on other sections of this board from people from smaller communities and I'm always impressed by the support they give their team. Something I wish could translate to some of the larger programs.
blade12
#16 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 9:04:18 AM(UTC)
All Conference
High Fives: 15
High Fived: 104
Before we get all hyped up with the public/private debate, do we know in what city/school district the young man will reside?
brettwho
#17 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 9:45:42 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 53
High Fived: 41
blade12 wrote:
Before we get all hyped up with the public/private debate, do we know in what city/school district the young man will reside?

Pretty sure it won't be the Dominican school district.
markmiller1
#18 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 10:45:04 AM(UTC)
Varsity
High Fives: 3
High Fived: 23
Latest info on Kostas Antetokounmpo ...

http://www.wissports.net...48274?referrer_id=519407
afan1
#19 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:29:06 PM(UTC)

Moderator Badge: WSN Moderator
WSN Hall of Fame
High Fives: 398
High Fived: 404
So much for the days when players wanted to move up from the lower divisions to D1/D2 to play against larger schools and supposedly more talented players and teams.
"The name All-Northwest itself means something to readers of the Leader-Telegram." ?

DO JUSTICE, LOVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY
1 user high fived
hank7 on 2/25/2014(UTC)
hm13
#20 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 7:50:51 PM(UTC)
Junior Varsity
High Fives: 0
High Fived: 0
There were rumors that he would be able to play this Friday.... when Martin Luther hopefully plays them after beating Hope...
So I'm happy those are not true. But next season they'll be even more "fun" to coach against... I just hope they don't play JV, because I do not want to coach against either of them!
reberns
#21 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 7:56:53 PM(UTC)
All State
High Fives: 1
High Fived: 268
afan1 wrote:
So much for the days when players wanted to move up from the lower divisions to D1/D2 to play against larger schools and supposedly more talented players and teams.

High school basketball no longer matters. If you want exposure, you go AAU. For better or worse
db11
#22 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 7:57:46 PM(UTC)

WSN Hall of Fame
I believe he would have immediate eligibility being that this was a "family move." There was a kid who started the year with Two Rivers' varsity a couple years back, moved to Elkhart Lake in December and played on varsity there the rest of the year. So there is precedent.

However, given how late it is in the season, it would be, as Hank Hill might say, "dirty pool" on the part of Dominican to add him to the roster now.

notahomer
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:06:12 AM(UTC)

Varsity
Dominicans front line of Diamond, Garrison, and Kostas looks great on paper but I do wonder who's going to step up into a leadership role. My personal opinion is the graduation of Jack Jelacic leaves a hole in that area. Kid doesn't take plays off and seems to have a knack for finding the open spot a defender left to double (or triple) Diamond.

I hope next season isn't the rest of the Dominican team standing around watching the front line work.

Summer league is going to be interesting.